Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Nothing against GG of course but Deb being passed over for the role of Today co-presenter was kind of a double (actually, triple when taking the Financial Review Sunday axing into consideration) blow for her, after being passed over for Sylvia Jefferies when the Today newsreader change happened in May/June of 2014.

Deborah Knight has been such a good presenter for Nine’s news/current affairs department since she joined the network after her sacking from Ten in Late 2011, so the network really shouldn’t take her for granted IMO.

2 Likes

I would be very surprised if that happened. She has moved on and by all accounts is happier doing what she’s doing now. A prime time job is the aim for most breakfast presenters and almost all of them never go back.

5 Likes

A move to 60 Minutes or Sunday Night would be more likely for Lisa than a return to Today, in fact I’d argue that a move overseas would be more likely than a return to Today.

5 Likes

Or she will head up Ten’s version of those shows.

Tuesday (21.08.2018): Lara Vella is reading the news. There is no weather presenter today.

Wednesday (22.08.2018) - Friday (24.08.2018): Lara Vella is reading the news.

2 Likes

No weather :thinking:

Karl read the first weather report this morning.

Georgie read the second weather report with a look back at her days presenting the weather on Nine News.

7 Likes

Argh… I’m hoping this was a super last minute thing.

Natalia is travelling to a secret location so the team is taking turns to read the weather forecast this morning.

3 Likes

Impressed with this graphic

59%20AM

2 Likes

Or an undisclosed location

Oh BTW, Today Extra at 7:30AM?

Or to not return to the weather?

Wednesday -

Karl is in Canberra this morning.

3 Likes

Outdoors, freezing his arse off.

Though Julie Bishop’s dig at Karl Stefanovic was hilarious

3 Likes

The Today Show leadership spill can’t be far off now either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Karl vs. Ben or will Timmy Gilbert come up the middle on a platform of stable family relationships and higher ratings?

1 Like

Karl being a smartarse has backfired and just highlighted Toaday’s failings again.

2 Likes

For whatever reason, Karl and Georgie are now fronting the leadership spill coverage from the Todsy extra studio?!

4 Likes

Noticed that too. I guess the show technically is “Today Extra” now :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah weird. Are they that concerned the electric meter will run out on the normal Today set? If they wanted to move to automation, they could have moved to the Nine News set.

2 Likes