Today (2015-Sept 2020)

A bit unfortunate that they are stuck with their B team on such a big news day - no Karl, no Georgie and Deb relegated to the news position when she should be in the middle of the desk.

7 Likes

I disagree. Sylvia is the full time member, Deb is not. Sylvia is more than capable of co hosting. It’s not like Seven bring someone else in to co host over Nat.

1 Like

They seemed to have changed that recently. I agree quite stupid considering Deb is the stronger host. Plus what happened to Darren Wick’s succession plan?

Ben Fordham isn’t a full time member. I do though think that this will be the future duo of Today.

Big news day or not. It is quite destructive to have both your hosts away.

Plus all of their chief reporters have been MIA for the past two weeks.

2 Likes

Not recently but Sam used to fill in for Mel with Nat kept on news back in the day.

Also not a fair comparison given Nat is one of the network’s most senior and experienced presenters. Sylvia is not, and it is showing this morning IMO (though to be fair I can’t stand Ben so that might be influencing my opinion!).

3 Likes

Monday (09.07.2018) - Friday (13.07.2018): Ben Fordham and Sylvia Jeffreys are co-hosting this week. Deb Knight is reading the news.

Lara Vella is on Entertainment while Dickie takes a break ( Sylvia presented Entertainment Thursday and Friday last week too).

2 Likes

Today Perth News seems whats to be having a whole 30 minute bulletin combining their news,sports,weather and traffic watch which allow ad breaks like how it was back in 2016 if i can remember correctly that they did as normal at that time. Might be due to the Thai soccer team rescue coverage.

Also for some reasons, an encore of Delish appeared between 7:30AM-8:30AM.

Same on Tuesday as well.

4 Likes

I find it rather unusual that Karl, Georgie and Richard are all on leave at the same time. That’s over half of the team!

They should follow Sunrise’s formula with having at least one regular host with a fill in.

1 Like

I would think both Georgie and Karl negotiated having at least part of every school holidays off as part of their contracts given the age of their children.

Children not so much an issue for the Sunrise presenters.

3 Likes

Well, can’t one have one week of the school holidays and the other have the other week? That’s what Larry and Kylie have done for years.

4 Likes

The other school of thought is you have hosts take as much leave at the same time as possible, theoretically giving the audience a ‘full’ show for longer each year. This is what most Radio duos do.

2 Likes

Extended show from 5am tomorrow

1 Like

news breakfast should follow Today’s train of thought, absolutely ridiculous how many fill ins that show has.

4 Likes

It is quite destructive IMO and the amateur hosts (yes, not Karl) make it rather unwatchable.

I find it bewildering how you would allow your senior presenters to be absent, but more so both of your hosts. Presumably they have no control over Karl’s 60 Minutes’ duties?

1 Like

Lisa seemed to be the one who never got holidays when she was on so it seemed there was always a regular on. I would say its both in Karl and Georgie’s contracts to get School Holidays off plus its non-ratings period then anyway.

The show is bigger than the hosts there. It shouldn’t ever be about the presenter personality.

But different on commercial news.

Michael Genovese (Nine News Perth’s Political Reporter) is presenting Today Perth News (11/7/2018). I don’t think that there were replacements back months ago for Lou so could be the first time that it happen since Feb this year.

3 Likes

3 Likes

What do you mean non ratings? The rating period doesn’t end until early December. The only break is over Easter.

What does that mean for Steve? Does he still do weekend weather?