Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Considering that they have 2 hours, you would think the transition to Today Perth News would be more seamless.

Sunrise does it well:

3 Likes

Also a blooper on the 7:30AM Today Perth News (5/7/2018), on the start though.

1 Like

Watched a big continuous chunk of Today from 8-9 this morning and all I can say is … what the hell is going on?
Karl is so immature and ridiculous, making pathetic comments and jokes about everything… and trying to drag Georgie and Sylvia into it as well.
The room makeover segment was simply embarrassing. I felt sorry for the poor girl they had on, she was trying to be serious and all they were doing was basically laughing at her. Awful to watch.

3 Likes

I don’t know why Today had this set up this morning but TBH, it looks better than the current soft set:

4 Likes

They were talking about how to freshen up your living room on the cheap.

3 Likes

I would’ve thought the caption on the imagine would explained that much.

3 Likes

The two hosts sharing a throw. That should get both into New Idea.

2 Likes

Luckily there hands were not underneath the throw… Imagine the headlines if they were :rofl:

1 Like

Couldn’t be worse than what they are now. Might actually be favourable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

$1500 plus just $2m per year for unavoidable and apparently very important Karl Stefanovic accessory.

Most of it was from Fantastic Furniture… lol

Watching WT for the first time in a long time.
Peter and Ally seem pleasant enough people but they don’t really have much on air charisma or even chemistry between them. The newsreader is a bit bland too.
When Peter and Ally interview a guest, they’re okay, but when they read intros etc they seem to be yelling at the camera.

2 Likes

Really? You must have caught them on a bad day. Whilst they aren’t my favourite two people to watch, I must admit Alli and Pete have dynamic chemistry; teasing and tormenting.

How many times do we have to remind you that her name is Jayne Azzopardi. She has been WT’s newsreader for almost three years- longer than Sally Bowrey has been on WS.

3 Likes

Sunday (08.07.2018): Lara Vella is presenting the weather.

1 Like

Well I don’t watch the show so I wouldn’t really know. You will probably have to remind me again.

2 Likes

Weekend Sunrise is a much more polished show.

Seems Nine don’t want to spend much (if any) money on the show - keeping only 3 hosts with a rotating weather presenter (when they feel like it).

9 Likes

Hope you are an early riser tomorrow:

1 Like

So 2AM into WA?

Ben Fordham is hosting Today this week.

3 Likes

Why is Deb not the primary fill in for Georgie? It looks absolutely silly to have her reading the news while Sylvia hosts the show in Georgie’s place.

7 Likes