Today (2015-Sept 2020)

It’ll be interesting to see what they do for the set. Wonder if they’ve kept the set up they used when Weekend Today broadcast from GTV9 a few years ago or create something completely different.

5 Likes

The plan is to make the visit to GTV regularly, so I would say that they have something more permanent than those cardboard panels.

IIRC, Nine had a replica temporary set at GTV for when Livinia filled-in for Kerri-Anne so anything is possible.

Whilst the news set is nice, I am not it is the best fit for a breakfast show. Of the existing sets, I would say The Sunday Footy Show’s is the best fit.

1 Like

Will Karl and Georgie sit outdoors or inside the GTV9 studio?

From what it sounds like, it will be inside of the studio.

1 Like

They are saying the week from our Melbourne studio.

Melbourne week details revealed.

3 Likes

It they put that much effort into every show (with all the guests) it will probably freshen it up a little.

You know how they used to do those Summer in the City (or whattever they were called) from the Intercontinental every year, I was wondering if they could do the same for Melbourne. Get a sponsoring deal with a hotel in Melbourne that overlooks the city and try to broadcast from there for a few days every few months.

3 Likes

From David Knox’s article:

Plus, Gold Logie nominee Tracy Grimshaw will join the show as we count down to television’s biggest night of the year.

Have they forgotten the Logies aren’t in Melbourne this year?

2 Likes

At around 8AM, Today had a live cross to a “TVNZ” reporter in Auckland.

1 Like

Today Show will host in Melbourne for the first time since the 2006 Commonwealth Games. Quite frankly, Today is winning over sunrise and I hope that next week, Channel 9 will rate much higher in Melbourne in the early timeslot.

2 Likes

Time for a refresh at Channel 9 Studios in Sydney

Since when??

1 Like

Sounds like it.

Sunrise did this a lot in 2013/14. They would broadcast a few shows a year from HSV7.

Wrong sunrise is beating today and that’s from the ratings that are posted here. Don’t know. Where. You got ur info from but it’s wrong

1 Like

Sunday (24.06.2018): Julie Snook is presenting sport live from ANZ Stadium. I don’t see why she can’t just present sport every weekend (she fits the mould the team). If they don’t want to get another person in, James Bracey could start earlier and do Today’s sport as well as Sports Sunday.

Something else that doesn’t make sense about WT is how Jayne switches sides the desk over the weekend; next to Alli on Saturday and Pete on Sunday. Wendy used to sit on the RHS of the couch even though Sylvia sat on the left during the week. I don’t know why they don’t do this now.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Monday -

Tony Jones presenting sport in the studio with Tim Gilbert in Sydney reporting on Origin match.

13 Likes

The show looks so much better coming from the news set

13 Likes

Totally agree. It looks great. Only thing I don’t like is the fake panelling behind Sylvia and the stripes on the desk plasma.
I’d totally be up for a permanent move to the news set in Sydney though (or a permanent move to Melbourne :wink: )

7 Likes

9 Likes