Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Ratings update.

Wednesday’s show saw the gap close nationally, from Monday’s OB, with Sunrise.

Yesterday:

Saturday (19.05.2018) - Sunday (20.05.2018): Alli is live from Windsor Castle, covering the Royal Wedding.

Pete and Jayne are co-hosting back in the studio. Jayne is also reading the news. Natalia Cooper is presenting the weather!

They are in the main studio too.

3 Likes

Whilst I am a fan of her work, I’m starting to think Georgie may not have been the greatest appointment on Today. She just doesn’t seem to have a spark like she used to and isn’t really particularly warm. Allison Langdon certainly owned it on Tuesday and this morning anchoring solo in London. IMO, those moments yesterday when Georgie was alone felt stilted and quite robotic.

1 Like

I do agree that Georgie has lost her sassiness that made her great some ten years ago. As I have said before, I think the negative press associated with her partnership with Karl makes Georgie bit her tongue more, to prevent the gossip.

Personally, I liked Georgie hosting yesterday solo.

However, I don’t think Allison is the solution either. She did a great job on Tuesday, however, I don’t think Karl and Allison’s chemistry was anything extraordinary. Appointing her as Lisa’s replacement would have been risky, for what I think, Today would be in the same predicament.

Love Deb, and I think she does a fabulous job at everything she does, including when she was the temporary host. However, I don’t think she has meets the criteria of the breakfast host (she is very different to Lisa, Georgie, Mel, Kylie Gillies) and to improve the ratings.

1 Like

Deb Knight would’ve been much safer choice if the rumours that GG can’t stand Karl is true. It seems she and Karl have better chemistry with Karl compared to GG. Each to their own I suppose.

2 Likes

But what happens when Karl leaves? Georgie might not have long to wait for that to happen and she will be happy and sparky again. :wink:

4 Likes

Caps from this morning:

6 Likes

My god, those themed supers look hideous.,

6 Likes

Yes, something I’ve been wondering all week, why is the gold bar at the top lop sided? What is it meant to represent?

1 Like

Depending on which current co-host bails out first, I reckon either Karl & Sylvia or Ben & Georgie will most likely be the future of Today.

I agree - I was really looking forward to Georgie being back on Today but she definitely seems to be missing the sass and energy she use to have. Sometimes it seems like she doesn’t want to be there.
But to be fair, there’s been a lot of negative publicity around Karl so perhaps she is just over it.

I’d expect Deb Knight and Ben Fordham will host on Monday as Karl and Georgie will be flying home.

1 Like

Where is Sylvia?

I believe she is at home in Sydney

Then she will host on Monday.

1 Like

It isn’t supposed to be (Deb is Georgie’s main substitute). But given she has hosted hosted since the 10th, I agree that Sylvia will be co-hoating tomorrow.

Must say Weekend Today with Pete and Jayne in the studio looks a lot less awkward this weekend, compared to all three of them together. I would prefer them to have a two presenter format rather than a three if they can’t get a full team.

2 Likes

You gotta laugh at some of the stuff they come up with :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

The latest Daily Mail article “viewers SLAM Karl and Georgie’s coverage”

meaning they saw a few negative or troll comments and highlighted them, actually it was probably comments from accounts created by DM staff. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Steve Jacobs hasn’t presented the weather since March, surely they need to announce another replacement for him or have him back full time on weekends. Now it seems the show doesn’t have both a sport or weather presenter.

1 Like