Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Georgie doing a great job.
Probably happy to be out of the studio and away from Karl :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

No longer the golden boy.

2 Likes

News is just having a field day now.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/the-today-in-crisis-why-georgie-gardner-is-out-covering-bushfires/news-story/a202951d078f35a770a33bad93a176e7

2 Likes

Karl doing work experience for his new job.! :rofl:

Imagine the problems he could cause behind the camera.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Georgie really shined today out on the road. Great coverage of a tragic event.
Also Karl didn’t do a bad job of fronting the ‘Agenda’ segment today either.

3 Likes

Karl Stefanovic seems to be in no danger of losing his job, I think. Sam Newman says far worse on-air almost every week, and Eddie McGuire seems to regularly put his foot in his mouth.

2 Likes

Karl would only be sidelined to preserve the Today brand, and that would only be if Fordham was available for the role full time. I can not see the network getting rid of him all together, if anything warehouse him until ACA in the Summer and move him to 60 minutes next year where he would be less polarizing.

He could do with some time away from the spotlight (not that his new “commitment” partner would like the light dimmed).

He also has half a season of This Time Next Year in the can. They filmed throughout February/March this year.

Although I don’t like the chances of this happening in the immediate future, personally I think Karl Stefanovic (and his brother to a somewhat lesser extent) would really benefit from a break from his media career and the public spotlight.

Personally, I still can’t believe more of the media didn’t grill Karl and Nine about whether he was the most appropriate reporter to do 60 Minutes reports on transgender issues when just weeks after his transphobic slur & subsequent apology on Today, a 60 Minutes report from Karl about transgender children went to air.

Yep, I agree. This is the same network that also continues to employ Tara Brown, Sonia Kruger and Amber Sherlock despite being involved in controversies which IMO, they should’ve resigned over.

I wonder what Ben Fordham would prefer doing on a regular basis: His current role as the presenter of “Sydney Live” on 2GB here in Sydney or presenting Today five days a week? Somehow, I can’t imagine him wanting to do both for a particularly extended period of time.

There’s so much crap in this thread.

Let’s look at the real issue here. No Idea paid a Uber driver $50,000 for his “recollection” of a 45 minute conversation because he didn’t tape it, no of course not because that would be illegal and can’t be reported.

Sure sure… I remember a conversation I overheard between the Dali Lama and Satan No Idea, give me $2.5m and I’ll “recollect” it for you in detail.

There was a tape. For sure.

No Idea skirted around the law by saying that there wasn’t.

The issue here is the driver who couldn’t mind his own business.

The other issue is that Karl wasn’t even in the car, it was Pete and Sylvia, yet Karl is seen as some sort of bad guy for having opinions and discussing them with his family? Why can’t people discuss their work, colleagues etc with family without expecting these things not to become public?

The Uber driver should never be employed again, Uber should take responsibility and apologise to Karl, Pete, Sylvia and Nine.

And Karl and Pete certainly should NOT have apologised.

12 Likes

Today won by 2,000 yesterday. This is despite the return of Karl and perhaps less-focused on the bushfires compared to Sunrise.

It may have only been the Uber driver’s recollection of the conversation, however, it must have been on point as neither Stefanovic denied anything that was reported.

I don’t think many here believed the Uber driver just had an extraordinary memory and didn’t tape the conversation.

I agree Karl doesn’t have anything to apologise for. It’s not like he was running down his colleagues in a vicious way. Peter should apologise for being a complete moron and having a conversation like that in public. Even having to listen to some dumb arse’s loud, one way conversation on a train is enough for me to think they’re an attention seeking wanker.

4 Likes

Why are you trying to take the focus off what the Stefanovics have admitted was wrong and are grovelling with their apologies now?

1 Like

Why are you so narrow minded thay there are other issues to discuss in relation to this that you simply want to ignore jbar?

Because, as usual, certain people are trying to cloud the issue at hand.

1 Like

Most subsequent articles now are all opinion pieces wrapped up as news. It seems a lot of people are off Karl personally and they are writing about it. Is it because he split with his wife for a younger woman? When he was married with kids and boring they didn’t care what he did. It’s been a complete witch hunt and they have tried to tear him down numerous times. They could have denied the whole thing as it was hearsay but obliviously there was a tape recording.

The issue at hand here is a private conversation was made public by someone who should not have been listening nor making it public trying to make a quick buck.
In my job, I’ve been in the room hearing all sorts of different conversations in doctor’s practices, hospitals, all sorts of places where I’ve heard things that are private and confidential for the people involved and also none of my or anybody else not immediately involved’s business.

This conversation happened between two brothers venting, whether it should have happened there or not is not the issue. Somebody is essentially tarnishing a number of other careers simply for a quick buck. Much of the stuff reported has already been speculated about the relationship between Karl and Georgie etc… so it should be no surprise.

2 Likes

I disagree. if you’re stupid enough to shoot your mouth off in public about private issues, you have to be prepared to face the consequences if details are repeated. I only feel sorry for Karl because his bone headed brother dropped him in it by having him on speakerphone during a conversation in the company of another person who isn’t obliged to keep it to themselves.

3 Likes

But they are now mentioning today in opinion pieces that Peter probably had it on speakerphone cause Sylvia was listening in, yet she said nothing the whole ride?