Today (2015-Sept 2020)

And so it begins. The media will be scrutinising everything Karl does now and constantly looking for tension on Today.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/details-of-karl-and-pete-stefanovics-secret-uber-call-finally-revealed/news-story/eb1205b809af4c02d5b435972b46d172

The story above has now been retitled on all the Newscorp websites:

And everyone else wades in now.

2 Likes

what today needs to do is sack karl as he is clearly doing things and fully knowing he will get it away with it . it needs to stop now sack karl and get some one else who wont act as immature as karl is and you might see today ratings topling sunrise

There is no grounds for dismissal here?? Heā€™s entitled to opinions out side of work, the only thing he has going for him - is the law suit against Uber/taxi driver. Illegally recording a private conversation which the driver had no right to do.

I donā€™t like Karl and i think heā€™s past his used by date on the Today Show, but in this case he definitely has a fair case.

2 Likes

Heā€™s crazy if he pursues legal action. The media would just keep pounding him all the way through that and beyond, continuously bringing up his comments for weeks on end and beyond.

He would be wise to just ignore it and move on.

Theyā€™ve said the same thing about Richard Wilkins on the show several times, even made jokes about it. Because sheā€™s a woman itā€™s different? PC gone mad. He has a point but Georgie has also said she knows how much sites like the Dailymail exaggerate things so I donā€™t blame her with this outrage economy and this Uber story is a prefect example of this.

I think itā€™s fair to say that one word (Stefanovic) may have destroyed Today.

Great work by Georgie this morning! Karl is now getting exposed and no longer being shield by Lisa.

6 Likes

There was no loyalty shown towards Lisa so Georgie would have learnt that thereā€™s no benefit to protect him.

5 Likes

Where these gossip columns shoot themselves in the foot is they donā€™t perpetuate their lies.

Today they said that Karl has not been able to build a relationship with Georgie like he had with Lisa. Yet two/three months ago they said Karl and Lisa hated each other!

1 Like

Is this woman for real? I thought what Karl said about Georgie was fairly innocuous and probably something she knew already.

Females have been the biggest instigators of drama in every workplace Iā€™ve been in. They are always much harder to manage and keep happy. The reports of behind the scenes infighting at Studio 10 would indicate that workplace is no different. Perhaps she needs to reflect on the way she speaks about blokes.

4 Likes

Also notice how most of these stories are behind pay walls? Says a lotā€¦ They reckon the Australian has the worst article for Karl and Peter but most people wonā€™t see it as they need to subscribe. If anyone has it can they PM me it? would be interested to see why its suppose to be.

Have you forgotten about the way the blokes at Channel 9 spoke about Jess? Thereā€™s nasty history there.

7 Likes

With full credit to @Moe for this cap:

The last quote from Llewllyn is rather interestingā€¦

4 Likes

No. Jess certainly wonā€™t let anyone forget. Every male she works with will pay for Eddieā€™s ill-chosen words. The decision to remove her from a position she clearly wasnā€™t suited to was correct even if the manner in which it was done canā€™t be justified. The only problem I see with the quoted conversation is Eddieā€™s misogynistic manner and tone but what would you expect from a boofhead who has spent the majority of his career in the company of footy players?

1 Like

Seems the Stefanovics have the boofhead gene too.

1 Like

Iā€™m against nepotism of any kind but its rife in TV and media industry. You could draw a family tree and match everyone up that worked at nine.

5 Likes

Case and point: they were more worried about how Overton would feel about Jess than how Jess herself would feel. I think Jess is right to continue to bring it up; itā€™s extremely relevant in todayā€™s climate that voices speak up about managerial nastiness.

This particular instance of Karl isnā€™t really a case of sexism. Just Karl being a loudmouth. Can he be fired already?

9 Likes

It seems neither of them wants to be on Today so maybe itā€™s time to replace them.

3 Likes

He might as well resign because the media will continue to pick up any bit of dirt on him until he does. Just like they do to politicians e.g Barnaby Joyce.

Georgie in Tathra and Sylvia in Camperdown, Victoria for coverage on bushfire.
Deb Knight in the studio with Karl.

6 Likes