Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I can’t remember seeing promos for other Weekend Today teams in the past, from the little l watched this morning Allison was good as l thought she would be.
But as some of us keep saying no sports or permanent weather presenters and the shitty studio are parts of the downfall of the weekend edition for me,plus Pete annoys me so can only watch him in small doses.
As much as most members here want a relaunch with Georgie’s return on Monday l don’t think we will see any changes come Monday.

6 Likes

the end of the show today was very abrupt and i agree after seeing pete for 2weeks i would rather see tom back pete seems to have very much forceful humor or something

1 Like

It’s weird how you’re criticising Pete and even the media making a big deal out of him hosting when he already did it before on Weekends for an extended period. He left to do 60 mins. In regards to his new TV personality maybe his care free life is not accepted by the regular viewing audience?

3 Likes

Looks like same old same old to me.

9 Likes

Certainly is looking like Sunrise have nothing to worry about. Getting Georgie on is really only part of fixing the issues with Today and I fear her return won’t be enough of a change.

2 Likes

Surely this most recent promo means there’ll be a refresh (at the very least)!

2 Likes

Weekend Today had improved ratings yesterday with the new team. It also won across the East Coast.

7 Likes

I don’t know why that link didn’t work…
https://instagram.com/p/BeNOjbwBSPP/

Edit.

Since people don’t know how to embed.

3 Likes

Now watch how many members are going to watch Today and crash the website tomorrow…

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s me, but the graphics on those caps (the graphics for the names I’m referring too) are the same ones in the ads for Karl & Georgie, have these style graphics been used before, or is this a hint of new graphics come tomorrow?

Wasn’t my fault, the website didn’t like the Instagram link.

Welcome Back Week

6 Likes

I wonder if they’ll play the Welcome Back, Kotter theme is the opener. It’d be a nice touch for Georgie’s return.

2 Likes

Absolutely no change at all.

They’ve screwed this up. Any momentum they might have had with this has now gone. To the average viewer it’s going to look like the same old show with a blonde head instead of brunette. Are they ever going to take the competition seriously? This was the best chance they’ve had in years and they’ve blown it.

2 Likes

What a disappointment

1 Like

Why? Current set and graphics are fine and better than both anything they’ve had in the past and their competition. Change wasn’t needed.

3 Likes

The current set and graphics are disgusting. The 2015 look was 10 times better

6 Likes

But I told you so. :wink:

You don’t want too many changes at once. It throws the audience and the hosts of they have to deal with too much change. They need to ease into the changes and get used to working with each other which is enough to deal with without the challenge of a new set or graphics.

1 Like