Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Have you got a link to where this was mentioned? I don’t recall reading it here. From what I’ve seen it’s just been speculation after the recent promos have been rolled out. Happy to be corrected though.

2 Likes

5 Likes

During the opening from Pete “Welcome to Sunday Jan 20”

Great first start… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/954444203538313216

5 Likes

That was awkward.

1 Like

And his co-host and newsreader don’t even notice. :joy:

How will they deal with somebody being interviewed who says some thing unexpected or incorrect?

1 Like

Where does he say Sunday??

1 Like

Interesting. I must have misheard because on that video you can make out ‘Saturday’ but on the tv he spoke so fast I heard Sunday. Whoops sorry!

1 Like

Yeah i thought i’d started going mad haha

5 second promo:

4 Likes

Well that’s just confusing. The background graphics behind Karl and Georgie make it look like a change is coming. All very odd. Guess we’ll know shortly.

1 Like

Here’s the Opener from this morning. I would prefer Jayne & Allison as the hosts and Peter on News but that’s only because i find him irritating especially as an anchor I like his reporting but way different in the studio.

I really dislike the 3 presenter format due to the hideous camera angle. It’s so awkward and off looking. Hate it.

7 Likes

Everything about that video is so… odd.

1 Like

SO they’re in the small studio for just this weekend to set up a new studio for the main show or do will they always do the weekend show from there?

1 Like

They’ve done Weekend Today from there for a while now.

2 Likes

Based on that video I cannot fathom why anybody would chose to watch Weekend Today over Weekend Sunrise.

3 Likes

I’m going to have to bite my tongue and take it all back. Pete is awful. He’s so awkward and unnatural. He’s trying way to hard and he needs to stop yelling the sport at us and calling us “folks”.

Allison, however, is excellent. Even with a shocking co-host she still seems to shine.

Tom and Allison would have been much better.

3 Likes

Agreed. He’s trying to be Karl 2.0 in a way… and Pete it ain’t working! This morning he tried to take a similar line to Karl’s “ Good morning everyone across the great country of ours “ etc. I think Karl has been saying that for over 10 years.

1 Like

Is it really necessary for another Stefanovic on Today, its almost like a family business with Karl, Pete and Sylvia… It’s become a bit toxic and I think thats why no one wake up with Today…

3 Likes