Today (2015-Sept 2020)

:rofl:

1 Like

So they ditched it as soon as they got busted?

5 Likes

Certainly seems like it. Very surprising considering Today is renowned for it’s originality :joy::joy::joy:.

A FOX Station in the U.S. copied 7 News’ “Everywhere” campaign too

http://www.newenglandone.com/news/local/boston/wfxt-launches-copied-promo-during-super-bowl.html

4 Likes

At least they got permission though. Do we know if Today did? Looks suspicious that they dropped it so quickly.

How do you know FOX got permission from 7 News?

Because it says so in the article.

No - they licensed the music from the music composers. It says nothing about getting permission from 7 News to rip of the creative.

OK, I see. Fair enough. Bad, FOX. Bad!

1 Like

Fox? I think you mean Cox!

Although WFXT 25 used to be a network owned & operated station, the Fox station in Boston which copied Seven News’ 2014 “Everywhere” promo in 2017 was sold to Cox a few years ago in exchange for the Bay Area (San Francisco/San Jose/Oakland) Fox affiliate KTVU 2.

Just stumbled on this open from Mornings on 1 in New York. I really like it and think something in this style could work for Today

3 Likes

Or they could rip this one off too!

2 Likes

Is anyone excited to see Georgie return home on Monday? I certainly am.

8 Likes

Excited? I hope you don’t peak too early…

2 Likes

I certainly am - I just hope that the show gets the much anticipated relaunch that it needs; inlcuding new set, fresh graphics, and significantly tweaked format!

After all, it is a “new era”!

8 Likes

Thanks for your concern, but i doubt ill peak.

I’m certainly looking forward to GG’s return.

As I’ve said before, I just hope it means Today will turn back into Today, rather than what it’s become over the past few years - the Stefanovic show (with extras). The less of him the better, and the sooner he disappears the better.

8 Likes

I agree It’s definitely got worse in the last 3-4 years. Hopefully it will turn back into what Today used to be like!

1 Like

I stopped watching breakfast TV a long time ago because these shows are just unbearable. I really hope they do rejig the format to be more newsie.
Pre-2013 please!

2 Likes

I agree, however the average viewer these days don’t actually want it to be more ‘newsier’, they complain in particularly when there is rolling coverage when incidents happen. Im not too sure about Today but Sunrise in a way is quite ‘newsie’ from 5:30am but once the 7am hour starts they commence the crap till 9.

1 Like