Today (2015-Sept 2020)

1 Like

Knock of Cash. :roll_eyes: How far Chris Uhlmann has fallen!

7 Likes

Does he throw a wad of fiftys into the air?

2 Likes

Laurie must be disappointed he never got to do that shit and managed to make it to retirement with his dignity in tact.

15 Likes

As an ABC expat. I’d say that this is the first time his ever seen large amounts of Cash! :laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

So is cash the “challenge” that the Walkley Award winner Chris Uhlmann was seeking when he left the ABC? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Uhlmann looks like here’s there under duress.

6 Likes

:laughing: I had the same thought when I saw that capture.

1 Like

Yes Chris does look very uncomfortable and unsure in the host chair consummate professional Deb Knight is doing a great job helping him along and taking control of the show.

2 Likes

Today, on this day, 13 years ago, courtesy @Zampakid

Interestingly, the format is still similar to today’s first hour.

Would like Today to get Rob McKnight on board now though.

9 Likes

Really?

I personally would’ve said that Today (even in the first hour or so) is a very different breakfast program in 2017 to what it was back in 2004. For a start, there’s a lot more mentions of “Breaking/Developing News Overnight”, constant stings and live crosses, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, the content is different (we have What’s Making News now at 6.45) but the format is very similar:

• News, sport and weather (on location) are on the top and bottom of the hour and run for 8-9 minutes.
  • They have the hosts reading separate stories and conducting interviews between the news headlines (like they currently do in the 6.20 slot)
  • Finance after the news at 6 and at about 6.50 (the same as it is now)
  • Entertainment before the 7am News.

I do agree that the current branding of stories is OTT. Really, how is it breaking news if it happening 6 hours ago. But remember even on the 6PM news then, they rarely used supers whereas today it is unusual not to see them.

1 Like

I’m not a regular morning tv viewer, however, I’ve watched bits and pieces of The Today Show this week. Does Natalia always carry on like a ditz? She’s like a 12yr with a case of the giggles at a sleepover.

4 Likes

Short answer is yes. Everyday.

4 Likes

Good grief.

1 Like

Possibly the worst weather presenter ever on Today. I think even Belinda Russell is better when she occasionally fills in.

4 Likes

She’s having fun, it’s not really serious stuff out on the field, it’s brekky tv, why can’t she have a giggle?
coin flip
Yes I do think it’s annoying as shit, I just laugh.

2 Likes

If someone else giggled along with her than perhaps it would be bearable but from what I’ve seen she just giggles away to herself.

2 Likes

Why does she have to shout the weather? Very annoying when people are still trying to sleep in the morning.

2 Likes

Chris Uhlmann has filled in Karl for a week so far. I thought Karl has finished up for the year?