Today (2015-Sept 2020)

A terrific choice and the perfect replacement for Lisa. Best morning show duo on Australian TV from 2018

6 Likes

Don’t be surprised with a refresh of Nine News early in the New Year to coincide with Georgie Gardner’s arrival on Today.

Nine refreshed completly on 30 January 2006 with the infamous Box Nine logo which was short-lived and the arrival of Jessica Rowe who is now with Ten.

Yes. Perth was on a 1-hour delay today, rather than the normal 3-hour delay.
So the announcement at 7:55am AEDT, would have screened at 5:55am AWST.

Courtesy: The Karl Stefanovic account

5 Likes

Knew it. Told you all. Great news! I was invited to the set a few years back when she was news reader and I was taken aback that she actually came over to me and asked about myself. Very genuine person and witty as hell! Will give Karl a run for his money.

7 Likes

Does anyone have the announcement from Today itself? Be good to see seeing as the change of airtime here meant I missed it.

Well, it’s never been No. 1 since the current Sunrise launched in 2002.

Being easily beaten at the moment and their rival pulling over 300k.

So good luck to them there.

He didn’t say will, he said they will have a better shot than ever before.

I guess some viewers are just looking for a change after 10 years of Karl and Lisa. You have to go through some form of change at some time. IIRC, the ratings for Sunrise declined for a long time before Mel was dumped, and rose again when Sam was appointed. Whatever you say, Karl and Georgie hosting Today will probably be beneficial in the long term as far as ratings are concerned.

1 Like

If Karl doesn’t want to be there, move him to what he wants, such a pay packet warrents more prime-time IMO anyway.

A new male might bump up Today’s ratings.

Karl whilst draws viewers, also turns many off (including myself, can not stand him and I’m not ashamed to say it frankly).

1 Like

I don’t know if a Karl & Georgie-fronted Today will outrate Sunrise on a national/five city metro basis in 2018, but I can see both shows being very competitive in the ratings for much of next year.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I personally thought it took a couple of years for Sunrise to properly establish itself in the market and beat Today in the ratings.

Knowing Nine, they’d probably pick someone like Karl’s brother or Ben Fordham. No thanks!

Same can be said for Kochie & Sam on Sunrise, if we’re being honest.

I personally think the most popular presenters of the breakfast TV shows would be Melissa Doyle, Lisa Wilkinson (when those two were on every morning, of course), Natalie Barr, Mark Beretta and maybe Georgie Gardner and Deborah Knight. The rest seem quite polarising to “you either immensely love or loathe them” levels, particularly male co-hosts and roving weather reporters!

2 Likes

The question is; Who is going to switch to Today as a result of Lisa leaving and being replaced by Georgie? I can’t see the show gaining any viewers directly; it needs to change in other ways to improve its relative position to Sunrise IMO (and I don’t mean new graphics!).

6 Likes

Definitely won’t be switching while Karl remains a co-host

I do find it ironic that Sunrise booted Georgie and replaced her with Melissa Doyle all those years ago! Now Georgie gets her opportunity on Today and Mel is long gone.

6 Likes

Here we go…

2 Likes

When did we start to publish TV stars salaries? and who is leaking this stuff? It’s just another clickbait outrage headline for people to have a say over even though they would never earn that much themselves.

5 Likes

Immensely love: Natalia Cooper, Edwina Bartholomew
Immensely Loathe: Sylvia Jeffreys, Tim Gilbert, Richard Wilkins, Sam Mac.

4 Likes

Davina Smith is reading news this weekend.

4 Likes

Broadcast live into South Australia today for ashes cricket which starts at 9.30am in SA.

1 Like

Yes, Weekend Today was broadcast live into every market this morning due to the Cricket.

1 Like