Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Such shock. Much surprised.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Right decision. Now to relaunch next year with a new set (not designed in house) and logo.

14 Likes

Karl looks genuinely stoked.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Good. The obvious choice, but an excellent one.

This. I hope Today will now stop being The Stefanovic Show and Extras, and go back to being a proper ensemble. Nine may be convinced he’s the greatest thing on Australian TV, but he really, really isn’t. One hopes GG will get her share of the serious stuff and will curb Stefanovic’s excesses.

Georgie will join next year.

10 Likes

Australia’s worst kept secret.

Good for Georgie and the show ultimately, but gee money can talk.

9 Likes

So it’s Georgie four days a week and Deb three days a week, right?

I just heard them say that on the Fitzy and Wippa show.

They didn’t really go into detail about that but she did congratulate Deb for her new role (I’m guessing the fri/sat news) and her birthday.

@Snoozenooze Agreed, I don’t see GG working with the new graphics so I expect a relaunch on her first show next year.

2 Likes

Wow.

Georgie. How boring - we all saw that coming.
Shall be interesting, apparently from what I have heard, she’s incredibly tough when it comes to the production and doesn’t deal with any crap. If something goes wrong on the floor she the first to call it out and doesn’t really enjoy fluff and the silly stories.

I’m thinking some serious $$ were thrown at her for her to take this gig.

2 Likes

The set was actually designed by DD8 and not in-house :slight_smile:

Surely not this version of the set?!
Didn’t they design it in the 2012 relaunch?

Many congratulations to Georgie!!

1 Like

Georgie said to Deb you’re a class act so happy for both ladies who’s professionalism comes across to the viewer in any role they do.
Both ladies are class acts who will continue to shine in their new roles at Nine in 2018.

7 Likes

Georgie talking to Fitzy and Wippa on Nova right now.

And that looked good, until it was ruined by what I presume is the in house team.

3 Likes

Peter Ford said on 3AW breakfast that Georgie would work five days a week.

2 Likes

I wonder what her pay is in relation to Karl’s? Surely they’d have to have paid her equally. Otherwise they risk a really big backlash.

But really, most likely the best choice.

4 Likes