Today (2015-Sept 2020)

5 Likes

I believe Georgie Gardner was originally Western Australian, but I sort of agree with you because most of her media career was based in Sydney.

Georgie deserves the role. She would be 100% better than Sam Armytage and her no-nonsense approach will keep Stefanovic in his place. That said, I still hope that she can be the 3rd in-line newsreader to Peter Overton and Deborah Knight on Nine News Sydney if she does become the new Today co-host.

6 Likes

As you like to mention a lot.

Nine, Nine News and Today are not interested in winning Sydney, they’re interested in winning NETWORK (metro / 5 cities).

Network’s only start talking specific markets, etc. when they’re not winning the aforementioned metric.

Let alone regional and hence nationally.

I thought Nine didn’t really care about total people that much anyway, but rather the key demos?

Umm…don’t you like to mention the local ratings in Melbourne a lot?

Because I live in Sydney, naturally that’s the media market I’m going to be most interested in. I don’t know if one can ever be 100% impartial, but I try to give praise and criticism to all media outlets whenever warranted.

I agree that Nine (and all TV networks, really) would be most interested in winning the ratings across the country and the five metro markets.

But Sydney is a key media market. Of course both Today and Sunrise (Seven/Nine in general, really) would quite like to win the ratings here! Just as I’m sure both programs/networks would really like to win the ratings in Melbourne, your home market and another critical one for the broadcasters.

3 Likes

Sylvia is back this morning.

At the top of the show, Karl accidentally said “Deb…Georgie is back after being away the last two days.” :blush: When he realised, they made a joke about it. I think this pretty much confirms Georgie’s return, just Karl let the cat out of the bag…

8 Likes

Or maybe he’s taking the piss out of all the rumours swirling around the show at the moment. I bet Sylvia doesn’t think it’s that funny. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I bet you must be thrilled about GG’s return to Today (if true) right?

1 Like

I think half the people in this forum are! :grinning:

3 Likes

Someone seems to be working o/time in the Today PR department this week - there has been a story a Karl and some aspect of an interview on news sites every day this week.

However today’s looks (to me) like a rather embarrassing stuff up by the researchers on the show. The graphic that stumped Karl showed National Government Debt as $6.5 trillion dollars whereas the federal govt debt is “only” $600 billion. The huge figure would include private, business and state government debt!!!

Edit:

Looks like number came from here:

http://www.australiandebtclock.com.au/

“National Government Debt” at $595 billion
“Total Australia Debt” $6,515,567,500,000 (ie trillion) incl private, business, household, state government.

1 Like

That’s embarrassing. Where’s Lisa when you need her? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The old Lisa can’t come to the phone right now.

Oh why? Because she’s on gardening leave.

8 Likes

matlock having swifty vibes right now.

At least the old wilko isn’t dead.

6 Likes

I laughed way too hard at this.

Here’s part of the NewsCorp story

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/lisa-wilkinson-slams-gender-pay-gap-as-she-reveals-more-about-her-life-after-today/news-story/b05bc245259e4aeb7482f067ef8166fd

I think initially he literally got muddled up. First he was going to say Deb then Georgie came to mind. It wasn’t until he turned to Sylvia and she joked about him being Pete, that he realised. Then they made fun of his slip-of-the tongue.
Thanks for the vid, @SEQTelevision

2 Likes

Yeah he was definitely having a dig at the news reports. He then said “sports now with Cameron Williams” to Tim after the news. He’s basically the last original one standing. oh and Dickie lol but they’re grooming his son for his role.

Announcement coming on today’s show apparently.

1 Like

For a few weeks now, Today have added ‘Breaking News’ ‘Developing News’ etc. in their headline package:

Also, they are announcing Lisa’s replacement today. They said the new host will join them in-studio, pretty much ruling out Deb or Sylvia.

Be ready between 7.15 and 8, I say.

11 Likes

It’s Georgie :joy:

10 Likes

The new co-host is Georgie Gardner.

4 Likes