Today (2015-Sept 2020)

If not, then the gossip mags will do it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I donā€™t read those rags wouldnā€™t be surprised itā€™s already been hinted at in those type of magazines.

Karl just made a nice mess leaning on a glass table during a healthy food segmentā€¦ smash
I am sure it will be doing the rounds soon ( I have it on video but canā€™t upload)

5 Likes

At least the glass ceiling is still intact.

8 Likes

I think I may have recorded it Iā€™ll check when I get home

2 Likes

Looked sooo staged. Deb appears to have tipped the shelve.

8 Likes

I think she saw it wobbling and tried to save it.

5 Likes

God that set is truly awful.

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

5 Likes

So Georgie will replace Lisa now?

Also her doing 4 days, may further signal to Kochie he can do the same with Sunrise.

Well known in NSW. How well known is Georgie Gardner in other areas of Australia, where she has obviously been Sydney news anchor for a number of years now? Where as Lisa was very well known nationally and popular in Melbourne from the get go, given Todayā€™s ratings increase in that market over 2007/2008.

1 Like

Well considering that Georgie was the newsreader on Today for 7 years, Iā€™m pretty sure sheā€™d be well known :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

So when is this announcement some saying by the end of this week or either over the summer period? Surely they would announce something soon? And not waste time with more viewers switching over to Sunrise?

By the way, that Jo Abi in the above cap (from 9Honey, talking about Coles), pretty sure she used to be an ATN traffic reporter and regularly filled-in for Vic Lorusso during late 2000s.

Amazing what you pick-up on YouTube :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m not exactly sure the newsreader is the prominent presenter on the program, nor do they have anywhere near as much airtime.

If I were to go and ask a bunch of people outside Flinders St Station ā€œdo you know who Lisa Wilkinson is?ā€ & ā€œDo you know who Groegie Gardner is?ā€

Iā€™m confident Iā€™ll get a strong (probably 80% yes) response to one of them.

Nit picking perhaps, but thereā€™s a number of more suitable and also well known female TV personalities Nine couldā€™ve hunted for.

If you asked Melbournians who Georgie Gardner is, I think the response would be the equivalent of asking Sydneysiders who Jo Hall or Alicia Loxley isā€¦

3 Likes

Exactly.

So if I asked Sydney people who Lisa Wilkinson is? :wink: Yep.

Iā€™ll finish on saying, that prior to mid-2007, Melburnians wouldnā€™t have known Lisa that well either, only those who were regulars of Weekend Sunrise perhaps.

She no doubt build a very well known and popular profile, nationally.

Maybe Georgie will do the same? Who knows. But maybe she wonā€™t.

But Nine had better get a wriggle on with the new co-host, because judging by Sunriseā€™s ratings in recent weeks (including yesterday), Today are not headed north at the moment thatā€™s for sure, especially outside Sydney.

1 Like

Yep. I reckon that Today is #1 in Sydney largely because Channel Nine as a whole (See also: 6pm news, primetime, sport) is pretty popular here. And that in part is probably because in recent years, Seven just hasnā€™t been able to make up itā€™s f***ing mind about itā€™s strategy for the Sydney market! But Iā€™m digressing hereā€¦

Calvert & Wicks could do far worse than trying a presenter who has interstate links but is fairly familiar with a national audience. Theyā€™ve gone on the right track in recent times with Queenslander Sylvia Jefferies and Natalia Cooper from Perth, but Today is still a fairly Sydney-centric show with presenters like Tim Gilbert and Richard Wilkins. Although both are high quality presenters, promoting GG or Deb would probably just further emphasise the Sydney-centric feel of Today.

I donā€™t remember them reading the news on Today for 7 years.

5 Likes