Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Jesus why don’t we just include every female from every show that currently exists on television :stuck_out_tongue:
Realistically I think we can expect to see Deb continue with the hosting role.

10 Likes

WTF???

Would really like to see Georgie or Deb take over Today. Don’t exactly want decent talent from both Seven and (especially) Ten to be poached and I think Nine has enough talents for the show.

2 Likes

#JayneAzzopardi4Today

1 Like

The latest…

Lisa’s never looked happier :smile:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/lisa-wilkinson-jokes-on-first-public-appearance-since-quitting-nine/news-story/5a9ca092e0a9600d15021c0d22a2c356

She hasn’t updated her twitter bio since 2015 apparently she’s still on ‘ Maturnity Leave, Italy ‘ can’t tell if she has actually left Seven or not. No one can have Maturnity Leave for 2 1/2 years.

2 Likes

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but there’s a name I haven’t seen mentioned that I think would be good for the role.

Joh Griggs - has the natural warmth of Lisa, plus is well-known and well rounded. Judging by her social media she’s not afraid to take a position or stand. Obviously she has 7 commitments but we are all a bit in fantasy land currently.

7 Likes

She lives permanently in Italy with her husband and daughter and returns to Australia a couple of times a year to visit her family.

3 Likes

Great mention :ok_hand:

Not sure about breakfast alongside Karl, but a talented and lovely personality.

That’s why she’s an extreme long shot.

Also like Bruce McAvaney, loves Seven, very loyal.

And given House Rules ratings this year, Seven would be locking her down?

1 Like

Good for her! But sad too, would love to see her return to Ten :frowning:

3 Likes

Me too. It seems that they asked Deb to fill-in for now because they know that she will work most of the summer, and they won’t have to find someone else (Karl and Sylvia usually go on leave in late November/December).

Whilst the extensive list of great names is endless, I honestly doubt they will give it to someone outside their circle (Sylvia is likely because she is Lisa’s main fill-in and is in contract negotiations; Deb is more likely to accept the co-host gig than weekday newsreader; Georgie may have always wanted to be co-host and I think she will do the best job). With Lisa’s contract pleas so public, outsiders like Mel Doyle etc are going to request equal or greater pay to what Lisa wanted. Had Marks shut his mouth, he might not be in such a big hole.

She is actually a really great suggestion, as IIRC she was one of the names proposed to co-host The Morning Show. Unlikely she will leave Seven though.

I am personally hoping that Deb gets promoted to the weekday show (either co-host or newsreader) so that Jayne can co-host Weekend Today. She fits the vibe with Tom.

4 Likes

Karl and Georgie already have the history and chemistry together, that’s if they want to stay safe like they usually do. If they want to completely go in a different direction they will pick someone from another network but it’s not likely… Also how important is it to have a brunette and a blonde on the team as opposed to two blondes? this trivial stuff actually matters.

7 Likes

The poll is looking interesting so far.

Overwhelming predictions for Georgie & Deb, with Chris the outsider.

Sylvia (despite media pitting her at the top) no where near as high.

Remember the question is who do you THINK, not who do you WANT

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought it was best practice in these polls to include “don’t care” as an option. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Mediaspy had the best polls. Remember the sexuality roll call which left off the ‘straight’ option?

4 Likes

Some of the ladies in Nine’s Garden Lab bistro would have more interesting opinions and would be more entertaining than 90% of the “talent” listed in that poll. Give the job to one of them. I’m fairly sure they’d be happy to work for a fraction of what Karl gets and would be more deserving of the salary.

4 Likes

NewsWeary with the post of the day :joy: :ok_hand:

Lee Lin Chin. For the flirting.

1 Like

Inb4 Lee Lin and Karl for Breakfast TV.

Back in 1996 Seven sacked Johanna Griggs by fax while she was on maternity leave, two weeks before she was due back at work. Luckily she was secretly relieved as her life was too hectic at the time, but Seven at the time just didn’t care. Seven had zero loyalty to her. Five years later Griggs was back at Seven, after she had appeared as a guest on other networks in the intervening years and Seven noticed that she was indeed a great talent. I think she is better than reading an auto cue on House Rules, so if the opportunity arose she would be great on Today.

5 Likes

Charles Croucher and Aislin Kriukelis are joining Jayne Azzopardi this weekend.

3 Likes