Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Well, The Project must be the best and most prestigious show on television then. :roll_eyes:

Andrew Bolt tearing shreds off Lisa Wilkinson…

But I wouldn’t expect anything less from a right-winged, tabloid loving, chaos loving nutbag (my thoughts only) :roll_eyes:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/andrew-bolt/andrew-bolt-lets-ask-waleed-aly-the-truth-about-a-pay-gap/news-story/df5f244a1868a13b4286e26e0d730ccc

Yeah. He was stirring up trouble on his show tonight. I didn’t watch it but I could see the headlines on Sky news while I was at the gym.

He was saying that there won’t be pay parity with Waleed Aly and Carrie Bickmore on The Project because Lisa will be getting paid way more than her colleagues. Just shit stirring.

1 Like

So chances of Lisa being a nominee for the 2018 Gold Logie or other Logie? Obviously no network campaign from Nine but her moves seems to have gained a lot of support from various high profile people who could get behind a campaign. Ironically the nomination would be for her work on the Today show during 2017.

2 Likes

So true.

But awks :persevere:

For Lisa, The Project would have a far greater reach, especially in a timeslot where lots of people channel swim.

Regardless, it averages 300-400k higher than Today (also regualrly beats H&A in Melb).

So another win for her (prime-time) + the sleep in :wink: :sleepy:

Fin Review comment piece has a very negative opinion of Lisa, and interestingly enough, a very negative opinion of her Fairfax-employed husband. A rare moment of intracorporate warfare?

Screenshot because I can’t read the article anyways.

2 Likes

Can I ask why your phone is in german? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Couple of reasons. Learnt some German whilst over there so passively absorbing some through various websites helps keep it up. Secondly, security. My friends are dumb as bricks so good luck if they ever try to steal my phone for a prank. Settings are all in gibberish. Finally, the vibe and bragging.

My Mediaspy is in German too.

8 Likes

Sehr gut :wink:

3 Likes

Lisa Wilkinson’s gender pay stand makes headline news in New York Times as Today show ratings drop
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/lisa-wilkinsons-gender-pay-stand-makes-headline-news-in-new-york-times-as-today-show-ratings-drop/news-story/6db7ab15dae0fd8e6685e5da7f319fdc

1 Like

Here’s the New York Times story:

2 Likes

Tracy Vo?

1 Like

Regarding pay parity, I wonder if any journalist is checking on the pay for Eddie McGuire hosting The AFL Footy Show in comparison to Rebecca Maddern.

Nine got some very negative headlines last year for the NRL version.

Channel 9’s female sports reporters equal to blokes in every way, just not when it comes to pay

When the TV company’s ­female sports stars Erin Molan and Yvonne Sampson fly to footy games you’ll find them in economy class, while their male counterparts such as ­Andrew Johns, Darren Lockyer, Ray Warren and Phil Gould go business. In fact, all the male on-air commentators fly business while all the females turn right into economy. Then there’s the pay gap, best summed up as enormous.

For a good part of the past four years NRL Footy Show co-host Erin Molan was on a wage of about $100,000 while fellow panellist Beau Ryan’s pay packet hit $800,000. Molan renegotiated a new contract last week.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen her in a while (for obvious reasons). @Perth members, do you reckon she could do well?

2 Likes

Chris Bath is sounding like a popular choice

1 Like

Deb Knight with the Today team at a function this evening.

9 Likes

Interesting. They look good together! She suits IMO, but I would prefer Georgie Gardner or Chris Bath in the permanent role.

5 Likes

@SEQTelevision it was for Young Care Australia charity luncheon. Sylvia does a lot of work for.Young Care.

2 Likes

Hopefully Deb is seriously in the running.

Why does Tim Blackwell have the hairstyle of a middle aged housewife? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Been reading some of the articles today and of course so much speculative crap which is of course is typical when someone departs a network. Personally so hard to predict who will eventually fill Lisa’s big shoes,but l do think like others here that we won’t see Lisa’s replacement until January /February next year.

So Tim has a hairstyle like you Mrs @JBar!:smirk:

3 Likes