Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Damnnnnn, Luke got J Barred.

6 Likes

The backlash from Nine begins as they try to fix their publicity disaster. They are suggesting that Lisa’s pay demands would have cut 10 jobs at Nine. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Among the rumour mill in overdrive & countless articles being published, this sheds more light on Carrie Bickmore:

So which ten people lost their jobs when Karl’s salary doubled a couple of years ago?

5 Likes
3 Likes

So from that story, the main points made by The Project producer are:

• Lisa will be hosting our new Sunday edition of the show and

• joining the program during the week to share her expertise and insights with Carrie, Waleed and Pete.

• Carrie is contracted to host the show four days a week and that role won’t change.

• Lisa is also due to host two other shows for Ten. While the network is yet to publicly announce what those programs will be, it is understood they’ll involve high-profile interviews.

7 Likes

Well, Erin Molan is out of the running as new Today host.

“The Footy Show” has been axed and Erin will be hosting a new show on Thursday nights.

When was she even mentioned?

1 Like

She may have been in the running if Today wanted to lose every viewer in states that aren’t NSW and QLD.

1 Like

And the vast majority of viewers in NSW and QLD as well.

For full effect why not replace Karl with Neil Breen at the same time. If they want to run the show into the ground then they might as well do it properly.

2 Likes

Right here, mate.

Again. You should read the comments in the thread before commenting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

11 Likes

“Lisa Wilkinson joins the WIN Network” - WIN News update :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

But none of it was enough for Wilkinson, who was demanding “parity” with her co-host Karl Stefanovic, who was widely reported to have signed a $2 million per annum, three-year deal, with Nine - a deal negotiated when he was about to jump ship to rival Channel Seven and anchor the 6pm Sydney news.

Interesting read from the Sydney Morning Herald, this is biggest load of crap I have read. If Seven News Sydney was to put Karl as anchor, ratings would be worse than Mark…

4 Likes

I’m honestly surprised they didn’t say that Lisa Wilkinson is returning to the WIN Network!

I thought the rumour was that Karl was going to anchor a revived Today Tonight rather than be competition to Peter Overton.

Still something I would’ve expected from The Daily Telegraph rather than The Sydney Morning Herald in any case.

1 Like

That certainly was a fairly credible rumour.

You can’t expect much from either newspaper these days. They made so many journalists redundant and now have inexperienced staff who are more concerned with creating click bait than quality stories.

1 Like

They even offered him the Olympics IIRC.

True, but the article in question was “written” by the Herald’s gossip columnist. So everything in it can be safely disregarded.

Shout out to the Nine fanboys…

Would love to see the Al Gore / Lisa Wilkinson interview (I’m guessing around 2007/2008)?

Saw an article today about Lisa’s worst moments, she said that was it.

But can’t find it anywhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty sure it was more recent than that. His last visit here?