Today (2015-Sept 2020)

She had just dumped Nine to go to another network. Of course Nine are not going to have her back on-air.

5 Likes

Such a publicity nightmare Nine have created for themselves. Every media outlet is reporting the story as Nine were not willing to pay her the same salary as Karl. I’ve said it before but Nine has so much experience with this sort of thing for decades. How could they get it so wrong?

4 Likes

For what it’s worth even though Karl is a complete tool, he deserves to be on a higher salary than Lisa given his extra workload with 60 Minutes and This Time Next Year.

The real story here is that Lisa Wilkinson leaves Channel Nine for Ten. It’s not so much about Nine matching her salary with Karl’s so much as matching what Channel Ten offered her.

Georgie Gardner the most logical replacement.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. Don’t be surprised if her salary at Ten is lower than what she was being paid at Nine.

4 Likes

From what I can see looks like she will be earning quite a lot of $$.

1 Like

She was always very gracious when being forced to parrot lines fed to her by Seven’s spin doctors. Nobody ever believed that the timing of her exit from Sunrise was her choosing and she was happy about it. I dont believe her current job isn’t having a negative impact on family life. I’m surprised she’d assert her kids don’t need her at this time in their lives.

1 Like

Don’t twist the words. That’s not what she said. She said that her extended absence had very little disruption in their lives at their age now.

That’s all speculation, mate. These stories were written soon after the announcement was just made. How would they know what her new salary is or what she was being paid exactly? They’re all guesses.

2 Likes

Has Lisa been given the opportunities as Karl at the notoriously blokey Channel Nine? Or is this another example of a mediocre male being more valuable than a talented female? This is terrible for both the Nine brand and Karl brand.

1 Like

Very telling that Karl mentioned this morning that Lisa had a very calming effect on the show.

Karl: "Lisa, thank you.Thank you for the laughs, the sage advice, the calmness. Oh, the calmness."
Both Deb and Sylvia are heard agreeing with that.

1 Like

Don’t wanna sound rude here but it kind of sounds like you want her to defect to Nine.

Are they her words, though? You can “swallow the kool-aid” but I struggle to accept anything at face value that has been printed in a Bauer magazine title.

“the state or condition of being equal, especially as regards status or pay”

1 Like

Today show in free fall as Wilkinson quits

It is hard to overstate the nature of the disaster that has just befallen the Nine Network after morning star Lisa Wilkinson hastily departed the network.

There is no way for Nine to escape perceptions that Wilkinson walked because Nine declined to match her colleague Stefanovic’s admittedly inflated salary.

The sheer size and strength of the backlash was immediately apparent on Twitter last night, and will sweep over the program and the network.

Somewhat dramatic piece that ends with the inevitable swipe at Ten that we’ve come to expect.

She joins the Ten Network’s youth-oriented The Project, which is a pretty lousy fit.

1 Like

Bauer Media have a shattered reputation for most stories but there’s a difference when it’s a story in Woman’s Day quoting “a close source” to an exclusive interview with “TV Week” where they are quoting her directly.

So they brand it as “youth-oriented The Project” but when the Murdochs were in charge, they were at pains to declare that Ten has moved away from being a “youth-oriented” network since 2011 and their priority now was the older demographics.

1 Like

I don’t watch breakfast television and don’t really care where she ends up. She has a family to support and has made decisions based on their best interests. I know I have too much self respect to be continually treated poorly by an employer. It motivates me to formulate an exit strategy and work twice as hard in a new position, especially if it’s going to have a negative impact on the people who shafted me. I’m a vindictive c@?t when I feel I’ve been taken advantage of.

5 Likes

Shock and awe.

2 Likes

Unlike many Seven Sydney personalities who do make it known they are from WA.

1 Like

peter ford just tweed that Lisa_Wilkinson has a 4 year deal & was signed off by CBS bosses. Her first gig will be the Channel 10 ‘upfronts’ in a few weeks.

3 Likes
8 Likes