Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I’d say she’s way too busy (Ninja Warrior + Footy Show, let alone Geelong ambassador and living in Melbourne)?

Georgie Gardner is the obvious replacement, with Deb slotting into Georgie’s weekend news role in addition to Weekend Today.

Don’t forget Sylvia got her role over Deb, so I don’t think Deb is seen as a permanent fixture of the weekday version of Today.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for former Nine breakfast television host Marilyn Mayo.

1 Like

It’s a pity Bobo Faulkner is no longer with us :wink:

(for the kids, she was co-host of GTV9’s Today in the late 1960s)

today_1968

2 Likes

There is every chance she may not resonate however, she ain’t no Lisa.

Time will tell

Every chance whoever they put in the role won’t resonate. TV is a fickle industry.

3 Likes

Also how is Georgie’s profile outside of Sydney?

Today is hardly watched in Adelaide & Perth as it is.

Well yes okay, but by the same bad logic Lisa’s reputation would also be bad in those cities, and she just won a multi-million dollar contract at Ten.

2 Likes

Lisa was loved on Weekend Sunrise, its just those states hate Channel 9 as they were owned by WIN which drove it to shit.

1 Like

Well Nine did say they wanted to take the show in a new direction - perhaps to the right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wonder if this means that maybe Ten will look at expanding Current Affairs in prime time in 2018. Maybe they will do an Aussie version of 48 Hours or something completely new to take on 60 Minutes and Sunday Night. Sounds to me like she might follow in the footsteps of Liz Hayes and Mel Doyle.

Apart from The Sunday Project, I could see Lisa as fill-in host for Carrie when she is on holidays or sick and also do some of the in-depth interviews that Carries does well, but in Sydney. She could also fly down as a regular Sydney panellist during the week, in the same way Fitzy and Gretel do.

1 Like

She was at Seven for years prior (the network that owns those two markets), you realise?

Both Lisa and Georgie have hosted Sunrise (the breakfast show that airs on the network that owns those two markets), you realise?

1 Like

But not as memorably.

Lisa… Is Lisa.
lisa 2

1 Like

Surprised nobody has mentioned Kate McLennan and Kate McCarthy. If Nine could poach them from the ABC, a line-up of Kate, Karl and Kate would make for unmissable morning viewing.

6 Likes

Well, we know one certain television program that’s enjoying all of this… :wink:
20171017_001337

8 Likes

Rove hosts The Breakfast Gang from 3:30am, so he is a possibility too? :smiley:

Georgie Gardner is a very good newsreader, her style seemingly perfected when she was the weather girl during Brian Henderson’s last year or so. But I don’t think Georgie fits the permanent host role on Today, her talents are better suited on the news.

1 Like

"It is understood journalist Deborah Knight will temporarily replace Wilkinson.

While it is unclear who will take the prized slot alongside Karl Stefanovic the speculation is likely to include colleague Sylvia Jeffreys who recently married another Nine star, Journalist Peter Stefanovic, Karl’s younger brother."

-http://honey.nine.com.au/2017/10/16/20/03/lisa-wilkinson-leaves-today-

4 Likes

Yes because that’s so important

Lisa chatting 1 month ago on the Project… should have seen it coming lol

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-project/2017/9/13/rebel-s-payout