Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t think Luke ever watches the ABC

8 Likes

This quote fascinates me. If top market research indicates a clear audience favourite… who?

Georgia Gardener? She’s high profile but a clear favourite? None of the other alternatives raised on the forum, with the exception of Mel Doyle, would come close.

You’d expect it to be someone this forum obsesses about.

Yep… They changed it :smile:

7 Likes

Sandra Sully? Not that I think she’d do it.

Deborah Knight might seem obvious to us but not to Nine. They had reading news last week and moved Sylvia Jeffreys to host alongside Karl. Wouldn’t even be surprised if this was Nine testing the waters knowing Lisa could soon jump. Or whether that was even done to make a point to Lisa during contract negotiations. Trying to show her that she is easily replaceable.

2 Likes

You’ve had a few, haven’t you?

5 Likes

Speak for yourself

Doctor Blake, Insiders, QandA, MediaWatch and yeah, okay, that’s about it :clap:

The tweet was from Peter Ford so who knows what the research is - perhaps it’s just generic research into popular Australian TV personalities rather than specific research for Nine.

Has anyone mentioned Sonia Kruger?

1 Like

Kill me.

10 Likes

No but I sure hope not. “I wake up with Islamophobia” doesn’t roll off the tongue so well.

18 Likes

Lisa may have been asking for equal pay for the same work they do on Today not the same pay as Karl gets for the additional work he does. After ten years doing that job, she was worth the money.

1 Like

Rebecca Maddern would be a good choice - maybe even move the show to Melbourne to freshen things up?

1 Like

TVAU got roasted :fire: :fire: :roll_eyes::fire:

6 Likes

Maybe I should add another category;

(definite mistakes)
Sonia Kruger
Leila McKinnon
Vanessa O’Hanlon
Erin Molan

6 Likes

Celebrating Lisa’s escape.

4 Likes

:clap:Don’t :clap: knock :clap: Luke :clap: cool :clap: kids :clap: watch :clap: the :clap: A :clap: :b: :clap: C :clap: too

5 Likes

I bet The Daily Telegraph are kicking themselves that they didn’t think of the “I Break Up With Today” byline so it could run on the front page of all editions. At least they nicked off someone’s tweet quick enough to make the Late Edition. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sylvia has been Lisa’s fill in since about 2015,so Nine were not testing the waters last week

1 Like

Not presenters I’d suggest as replacements for Lisa, but I reckon Jayne Azzopardi (who currently presents Weekend Today news) or Sophie Walsh would make for a great Today newsreader! :slight_smile:

I’d probably add Tara Brown, Amber Sherlock and Belinda Russell to that list! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Personally I think Erin Molan is an OK presenter on Friday/Saturday Sydney Sport and the Sunday sports shows but yeah…probably not an ideal candidate for a Today co-presenter.

1 Like