Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Silly question of mine but is she married to Chris Reason?

2 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Same as I would dislike it if it were to be Tarsh .

That’s the problem she has been out of the spotlight for too long, I believe that Breakfast role has tarnished her career.

1 Like

Chris bath was technically a breaky tv host at one stage

1 Like

Best name I’ve seen mentioned

But Bathy has hosted the Sunday Project the last two weeks. Would there be secret market research on her? She’s been off TV for a while.

1 Like

Vastly different front pages of the biggest papers in the country (not that it matters)…

She would be a less known name, yes, but then Lisa wasn’t exactly a huge superstar back in 2007 either. I can’t see Nine bringing in anybody who will overshadow Karl (which the likes of Mel Doyle or Chris Bath would).

Maybe Leila McKinnon? The benefit with somebody like Leila (or Deb or Georgie) is that they can just fill in for the rest of the year and if it works then Nine can make it permanent in 2018 (like Seven has a habit of doing when they need to phase a new face in).

1 Like

Is she not important to Nine News in Sydney?

Deborah Knight the obvious and easiest choice, but whether Nine want her for the role?

Not really. Would be a seamless transition to Deb if Georgie were to move across (in fact, Nine might have been preparing for such a scenario already given the way they’ve positioned Deb as the #3 anchor in Sydney this year).

2 Likes

Glad you have the inside word.

For mine, Karl & Deb? Karl & Georgie? I dunno.

That would be terrible optics. Get rid of a female co-host because of pay equality only to install the boss’s wife as her replacement. It would be fodder for The Guardian opinion pieces for at least a decade.

4 Likes

She’s married to Hugh Marks?

Gyngell

2 Likes

I don’t have the inside anything, just answering your question by pointing out that Georgie is not irreplaceable.

David Gyngell left Nine in 2015 but I take your point. At least Leila would be better than Belinda Russell (the EP’s wife!!).

or as Dailymail call him Cygell :grinning:

Wow I’d forgotten :scream:

1 Like

Kath Robinson is on ABC News every day.

3 Likes

There are other Candidates to replace Wilkinson in the chair:
Rebecca Maddern - (though she spends time in Melbourne most of the time).
Erin Molan - most of her time is on NRL Footy Show.
Georgie Gardner - does have a good sense of humour and rapport
Sylvia Jeffreys - gets along with her work most of her time. This will mean someone will have to do news duties when she sits next to Karl.