Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Or with no square at all tbh.

3 Likes

So that basically confirms the backdrop is more of a “feature” rather than actually being part of the logo.
This new package could look quite good.

3 Likes

The “meet the team” page on the official website has been updated with Georgie, Deb, Tom, Tony, Richard, Ross, David and Sonia.

Steve Jacobs has been re-added and it appears Natalia has indeed moved on as her profile has been removed.

Brooke isn’t on there yet.

6 Likes

Good move bringing Stevie back. He’s a real asset to the show :+1:

3 Likes

As it’s still a while off before Natalia has her baby, and then her maternity leave, I’m wondering if the plan is for her to return to Weekend Today weather.

It also says Deb will cease Sydney news which we know is incorrect as they’ve said she’ll be continuing on.

Am sure the article earlier this week said she would be doing it for a while yet or similar wording. Made it sound like she will leave once they have sorted a replacement.

6 Likes

Exactly. That’s correct.

But by saying Deb will “cease” reading the news. That particular wording sounds immediate, which is incorrect.

Anyway, doesn’t matter. Fact of the matter is that no one really knows what’s going on at the moment. Most will be revealed on Monday but it’ll be a while yet until everything falls in place.

Ian Ross worked six days a week when he was doing Today back in the '90s. He’d read the Saturday evening bulletin and Jim Waley combined his Nightline and Sunday commitments with reading the Sunday night bulletin. Can’t see why Deb couldn’t do the Friday and Saturday bulletins along with Today. She seems to be one of these workaholic types who doesn’t seem to need any down time and makes those of us who do look bad.

5 Likes

Yup, I tried to correct David this morning on the site and even linked the 9Honey article but the link got deleted from my comment. His article hasn’t been updated yet to reflect this.

1 Like

According to the “Meet the Team” page, Deb is currently co-host of Weekend Today. Who writes this stuff?

3 Likes

Obviously it just hasn’t been updated since, I guess.

That isn’t necessarily confirmed, as has been pointed out, the website is out of date. Plus, Stevie’s role has been unclear since he left the weekday show in 2017.

However, I would love if he would stay on. Stevie seems to be popular with the viewers and can mix reporting with antics. Today, it was good to see him interviewing a meteorologist from BoM and do Entertainment news.

1 Like

You’d think if Steve wasn’t staying on that they would remove him when they removed Karl, Pete, Sylvia, Tim and Natalia, wouldn’t you? Pretty big sign he’s staying on IMO…

None of the profiles have been updated to reflect new roles in 2019…Georgie’s has her as Sydney newsreader on Fridays and Saturdays and guest host of Today Extra, Tom’s 60 Minutes full time correspondent.
Absolutely ridiculous that profile’s haven’t been updated as yet.

3 Likes

I mean it’s not ideal, but really… most networks or businesses would be the same. This kind of stuff gets overlooked all the time and the OCD in me wishes it was updated too but not a biggie IMO - I doubt that page on the website gets much traffic at all.

1 Like

Someone has obviously gone “we need to update the meet the team page. We need to add Tom”. That’s all they did, though. Nobody read it to see if it was correct.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s going to be a shocker of a week for Tony Jones next week. Assuming he presents sport on Today next Monday, he also has to present 3AW mornings, the Aus Open hosting gig and then (possibly) sport on the 6pm news. That’s a lot of presenting time for one day, let alone for one week.

6 Likes