Today (2015-Sept 2020)

:rofl:

Yes, thatā€™s how ordinary she is.

IMO, of course; the mileage of others may vary.

She did 8 years on News Breakfast which was probably enough for her, working on breakfast television is very taxing on a person and she is probably happy being away from it nowadays.

1 Like

I agree. On the Nine News Regional bulletins, Vanessa is basically an error-prone robot. She doesnā€™t connect with the viewers in any way and she regularly mispronounces place names.

With Jayne Azzopardi back from holidays she should be back on Weekend Today tomorrow.

I donā€™t think primary school kids are Todayā€™s target demographic.

I couldnā€™t agree more. Melā€™s bright personality contributed a lot to the success of Sunrise - sheā€™s brings the right feels that breakfast audiences need. Iā€™d love for her to be paired with Deb Knight with Tim McMillan on news, Tim Gilbert on sport and Stevie Jacobs on weather. I donā€™t think Mel is being used at Seven as much as she should.

1 Like

Iā€™ve thought for a while Tim Davies and his bright and breezy personality would be a good fit for breakfast television. He probably shouldnā€™t be in the running for the main gig this time but Nine should consider using him more often as a fill in or for Weekend Today host.

7 Likes

Well the male host of Weekend Today hasnā€™t really been a topic of discussion, has it?

Itā€™s all been about replacing Karl. It would be refreshing having Tim Davies cohost Weekend Today. He has done really well in the past.

Tim is fabulous. I would have him replace Sylvia on the news alongside two female hosts.

2 Likes

I agree. Thatā€™s something I would like to see as well.

Ah okay, thatā€™s interesting. It sounds like you go to the same high school that I went to. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Belinda Russell is hosting with Jayne Azzopardi this weekend.
With Sarah Stewart reading news and Stevie Jacobs is presenting weather.

2 Likes

Picking straws again I see. :joy:

Same here.

2 Likes

Whilst I think they will go for a totally refreshed line up, I think all of the faces will be familiar to the show and itā€™s audience.

Lisaā€™s appointment would be the only exception I can recall where an outsider has been brought in - even across Sunrise and Today.

Karl had been a fill in before he took over, Georgie previously, worked on the show, Sylvia and Natalia fill ins, and on Sunrise, Kochie and Sam previously filled in before becoming permanent.

Therefore I think the additions of Brenton Ragless (current fill in) and Allison Langdon (Weekend Today) are very possible and the rumours could be true!

2 Likes

Announcements need to be made sooner rather later.

1 Like

Apparently they are announcing something this weekend.

1 Like

They look and sound okay, but not setting the world on fireā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve never understood the Today backdrops having those shooting stars or glitter or whatever they are.
They used a background this morning of books for one interview and over the top they had their glittery bitsā€¦weird.

You would think thereā€™ll be a feature story either in the News Corp or Nine newspapers tomorrow which introduces the new team.