Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I think he filled in as co-host on Today Extra only a month or two ago, if i’m not mistaken. In any case, I personally don’t think Dickie should even be considered for a co-hosting role. He doesn’t really have any on-air chemistry with Sonia and I just don’t think David should be moved on from the role anyway. Changes shouldn’t be made for changes sake.

2 Likes

I was referring to currently. Her only stable position at Nine is Sydney weekend news, but if that’s what she’s happy doing and filling in here and there then good for her. Though she has said she would’ve liked the co-hosting spot when Lisa left.

2 Likes

Lucky that some members document it, hey? :wink:

November 2016:

1 Like

Today will be broadcast from a special half court set at Melbourne Park. As stated in Nine’s press release for its tennis coverage:

5 Likes

Sunday papers are confirming the Sylvia removal.

Running the risk of turning into a 9 News Perth setup with all these new faces that nobody knows of. That takes 10 years to change that mentality.

It’s going to be a hard slog. Nat and Sam could be there for another decade or two. Going to be hard to beat them but they can only try.

4 Likes

Sunday Tele claiming Tim Gilbert will be leaving the show with the network deciding to pay out his contract.

All these presenter changes is a bold risk, we all know what happens when there is presenter instability. May be a bit too early to call (not knowing who the full team is) but I don’t expect ratings to improve next year.

4 Likes

Sounds like a mass clean up over on Nine. Good to see a bit of drama and changes so that they know that they need to regroup and rejuvenate themselves.

3 Likes

Goodness me, I hope Nine know what they’re doing.

So what was 10’s 5pm news for all those years as anchor? She had a family then and went on maternity leave at least once and came back to the same position.

And that has what to do with her apparent desire not to have a full time role at this point in time?

7 Likes

Split screen it like Sky news in the morning now there is only Georgie left in Sydney.

Bring on hosting from Melbourne :grimacing::blush::upside_down_face::crazy_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It is risky to remove 4 (possibily 5) presenters particularly when breakfast TV relies on familarity. However, to be honest, only Georgie is talented. If Burling doesn’t believe in his team, how can he have any faith in the show?

But he needs to go all out and sever all ties with the previous show and sell the hell out of it.

7 Likes

Whoever is editing the wiki page is insisting that Deb is hosting from 2019. She’s been on there for days but they’ve removed Karl and Sylvia.

Someone is very hopeful.

No @David, it isn’t me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was making no allegations! :stuck_out_tongue:

Following his sacking from Today , Stefanovic is talking to his lawyers to protect his $2 million a year contract with Nine. Sources have confirmed Nine has issued Stefanovic with a legal letter flagging potential breaches of contract over his wedding story appearing in Who magazine (published by Pacific Magazines, which is owned by rival network Seven), on the basis it was paid for. The newlyweds say they did not receive a fee, claiming they gave their story to Who because it is edited by Yarbrough’s childhood friend Keshnee Kemp, who was also a guest at the wedding.

Decider TV is suggesting that a new set will be installed whilst the show is broadcasting from the Australian Open.

8 Likes

This sounds like the relaunch we have all been waiting for.

As others have suggested though, unless they’ve secretly been working on this for months, I’m concerned that it will turn into a rush job without any real care to it.

7 Likes

I just hope they don’t copy anymore of Sunrise.

They need a totally new format and look. I’d like to see news every 15 minutes, with a more extensive update on the half hour, weather presented in studio with a roving reporter out and about going to local events around the country rather than presenting weather from random locations such as chocolate factories etc they should be going to our local cafes, schools, parks etc.

In regards to a “rush job”, how do we know they weren’t planning a relaunch anyway? It just might be even more convenient now that they’re getting a new team.

9 Likes

No way. These shows are already too repetitive and make you reach for the remote when you see the same bulletin over and over again. I’d prefer it go the other way with a big bulletin on the hour and a quicker summary on the half hour.

7 Likes