Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I disagree completely, they’re journalist, he’s an idiot fleecing people of money, the had every right to push him to explain his nonsense.

2 Likes

As a heads up, 9now.com.au has clips and highlights of each of the day’s show. So might be worth checking out over there. (No idea if they will upload the clip you request, but just check there incase )

1 Like

Thanks, I was going to do that but was sure they didn’t upload all clips or segments from the show.

I don’t agree with his theories either or how much he is charging people to attend his shows, however I still believe Karl & Lisa could have treated him with a bit more respect. Whenever he tried to explain himself, they spoke over the top of him and were quite rude, to be honest. If Karl & Lisa were journalists, they would have went into the segment with an “open mind” and supported/disputed his claims in an constructive manner. It is quite clear that Karl & Lisa didn’t do that; they tried to make the man look like a fool (in front of a national audience as well, might I add).

At the end of the day, his thoughts on extra-terrestrial life are just theories and they should be treated as such. In a society where freedom of speech is encouraged, we shouldn’t be treating other people’s opinions as meaningless or unworthy. His opinions should be respected, regardless of how ludicrous they may seem.

3 Likes

but then that just encourages mentally insane idiots like Pauline Hanson to flourish.

We should be battering these sorts of fools into submission so they all go and live on a tiny little island and we never, ever have to hear from them again.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nice Bastille Day Attack

Yoy say that, but realistically such treatment only emboldens them. Supporters latch onto the idea of “biased media” and form their own echo-chambers to maintain their own views. Better to treat those you disagree with with respect imo, especially in the media.

2 Likes

[quote=“matlock, post:556, topic:101”]
Yoy say that, but realistically such treatment only emboldens them. Supporters latch onto the idea of “biased media” and form their own echo-chambers to maintain their own views. Better to treat those you disagree with with respect imo, especially in the media
[/quote]More suckers buying tickets thanks to his appearance on this show.
A Current Affair would give this theorist the respect that he truly deserves in my opinion.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:174, topic:117”]
TERROR IN NICE
Karl Stefanovic will report the latest news from the Bastille Day terrorist attack in Nice, France…
[/quote] Not sure if this will be a live cross or not, but it would appear Karl will be either live or in transit for a few days next week. N.B: He will miss their OB from Thredbo on Monday.

Monday’s Christmas in July broadcast from Thredbo has now been postponed.

Tomorrow’s show starting at 6am.

2 Likes

[quote=“nationalnews, post:553, topic:101, full:true”]
Stevie Jacobs will be co-hosting Today again this weekend.
[/quote] It is a shame that these big events often happen on Friday because (and it is not only Today) it means it rolls over the weekend (weekend teams aren’t as good). For example, this morning Stevie said we will begin with Jayne and today’s news. Jayne sat awkwardly and Deb had to say “actually we will take you through what we know…”. Not Jayne’s fault that Stevie threw to her out of turn but surely she could have just read at least the first sentence of Deb’s line to avoid dead silence for a second or two. This just shows how great Karl and Lisa are, especially in these circumstances.

WTF

I’d be a lot happier if shit like this didn’t happen at all

17 Likes

Yeah, I was going to say something too but I’m glad you did it for me. WTF indeed!

1 Like

Since when does Weekend Today (and Weekend Sunrise) start at 6am? Today, Sunday 17 July it is from 6-10am. Is this for special coverage or just a new extended morning lineup?

when the big stories occur like on Friday in France.

1 Like

@MarkHD I think it would be a great edition for either show each weekend.

Saturday (16.07.16): Stevie Jacobs co-hosted.
Sunday (17.07.16): Karl is co-anchoring this morning’s coverage of the Bastille Day Attack live from Nice. Deb and Natalia are co-hosting back in the studio.

[quote=“Ryan, post:562, topic:101”]
WTF

I’d be a lot happier if shit like this didn’t happen at all
[/quote] As would anyone mate. I removed the actual circumstances of any event whether it be a shooting, a fire, a cyclone, a celebrity’s death and was actually trying to make a point that the weekend team on a breakfast or on the news should be as strong and capable of covering these events as the weeknight/weekday team. And now that I think about Seven News in Sydney and Brisbane weekend anchor is better than the one/s during the week.

[quote=“fournews, post:566, topic:101”]
I think it would be a great edition for either show each weekend.
[/quote] As an early riser, I wouldn’t mind it but I don’t think it would happen. Weekend Sunrise use to start at 8, then 7.30 and now 7.

And the attempted coup in Turkey yesterday.

1 Like

yeah but they were already on air when the news of that broke.

1 Like

Please, no. :slight_smile:

Next it will be 5.30am then 5am, then all night. Let the kids have their 1 hour block between 6am-7am.

1 Like