Today (2015-Sept 2020)

And that’s why I would say the show was so successful back then.
The chemistry between the whole team was just fantastic and something which started fading away as the team changed.

4 Likes

Everything “leaked” about what has gone on has come true. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: So who knows what will happen with this show. Will it even be called “Today” next year?

I reckon this would be the best option:

Weekdays:
Georgie Gardner and Sarah Harris, Tim Davies (news), James Bracey (sport), Steve Jacobs (weather)

Weekends:
Tim Gilbert and Natalia Cooper, Sylvia Jeffreys (news) and Jayne Azzopardi (weather)

1 Like

Steve Jacobs is part of the old boys club. They need someone new. Bring back a Monty if it’s goimg old skool - least he doesn’t have a daily mail history. Do they even need a weather presenter?
Otherwise the rest seem great

1 Like

That’s why Sunrise let her go way back in 2001 and chose Mel Doyle to front the new Sunrise with Chris Reason.

Former long-time Nine newsreader and weather man Brian Bury should be enticed out retirement - he could do both jobs. :smiley:

1 Like

Another wildcard…Larry Emdur? He’s got history on 9. He has great presence on air and could handle the serious stories. If he could leave Seven, would they consider him?

2 Likes

Damn you @spw68 - you’ve made me want Today with Georgie Gardner and Mark Beretta now.

3 Likes

Is contracted to Seven’s TMS for the past 11 years?

Doesn’t mean he can’t leave at some point

2 Likes

Good to see News Corp’s flagship papers leading their front pages with this very important story! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Whichever way you look at it, it’s big news and will likely sell newspapers. They weren’t not going to do this…

1 Like

1 Like

Oh they’ll keep going until he’s divorced or dead

The Australian is reporting Nine is looking to “blow the whole thing up” and is considering an all female hosting team in order to win back female viewers. Deb Knight and Allison Langdon are mentioned as possibilities. They also assert Nine intends to insert some Melbourne personalities into the show to broaden its appeal.

10 Likes

Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb have been presenting NBC Today since Matt Lauer’s termination with Kotb assuming full-time role on 2nd January 2018 and have been successful with good ratings 12 months on.

2 Likes

Sarah Harris has just had another baby…i cant see her leaving her Studio 10 gig to do all those weekday even earlier mornings :joy:

3 Likes