Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Google it. He’s had a very colourful past.

3 Likes

Oh okay, I didn’t know that.

There really is no one to take over.

They’ll have to look at another network then.

1 Like

He was hot as a centrefold though :slight_smile:

An important quality for a job in journalism. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I suspect Nine also wouldn’t want to mess too much with a ratings winning formula for their Sydney 6pm news. Today only got away with picking up Georgie because Deb was next in-line and the ratings held up well whenever she filled in for GG or Pete.

Another terrible number yesterday - just 1000 ahead of this year’s lowest number.

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/tuesday-18-december-2018/6782/5?u=tv.cynic

1 Like

With Pete gone I don’t think Sylvia will be feeling very safe now. What I don’t get is why is the show or Nine social media team putting up all these old funny clips from the show (with or without Lisa) but the current show that goes to air now doesn’t have any of that anymore. Its weird promoting an old product?

1 Like

Nine really needs to do what worked well with them for Lisa and poach someone (maybe two hosts). Put a bomb under the show. The show isn’t completely in the tank but it’s not far away.

1 Like

The whole show is a mess right now. I think it’s best the show gets a real new flick of paint as the Tennis starts.

4 Likes

Peter Stefanovic gone. Less Richard Wilkins. Moving Tracy Vo back to TCN. I am liking what Steve Burling is doing/thinking.

4 Likes

They badly need a new set and graphics. Everything presentation-wise is just disgusting.

8 Likes

They need to dissociate from any era of Karl and Lisa. Start afresh with a brand new logo and set design that compliments that fresh feel that the return of Georgie was meant to bring.

I do too.

Hopefully next on the agenda: Karl Stevanovic gone and reduced airtime for the wife of Today’s now former EP!

Who is that person?

Belinda Russell.

And yes, I know she’s seen more on Nine News than Today but if a reduction in her airtime results in an increased level of airtime for Sophie Walsh, then I’m all for it.

1 Like

Confidential has had the same story for a few months now. Eventually it has to come true, they hope.

1 Like

Can you imagine the endless amount of articles once it actually does happen?

2 Likes

Aren’t they endless now? There were five different stories yesterday alone resulting in countless articles.

• Nine slams Georgie Gardner pay-off claims
  • Nine denies Richard Wilkins leaving Today (but he will be seen less on Today)
  • Peter Stefanovic and Nine part ways
  • Tracy Vo returns to Sydney
  • Cassandra Thorburn has furiously hit back at claims she needs to move on from her broken relationship with Karl Stefanovic
5 Likes

Imagine that, x10 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: