Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Thanks…that’s where I should have looked

Change doesn’t come quick always…look at Ten News @ 5 in Melbourne…sometimes you gotta go down before coming back up.

The drop in Melbourne reflects the drop nationally. Today’s ratings problems need to be addressed on a national basis whether it is presenters, content, studio and/or graphics. Tailoring a solution to some perceived Melbourne-based problem isn’t a solution to the problems everywhere else and could potentially alienate other markets.

4 Likes

Exactly. Sydney & Brisbane are Nine’s strongest rating metro markets the last I checked, so whatever they do to boost the viewing figures for Today down South needs to be done in a way that won’t completely ailenate those up North.

1 Like

Uh, no. Melbourne is a Nine town, apart from the AFL. The Block, news, ACA, most shows - they rate better in Melbourne than Sydney

How is it a Nine town when half of the shows you listed rate high… the news is the only dominance, which does not mean Melbourne is a Nine town.

According to this, last year Nine’s main channel got a considerably higher percentage of the audience between 6pm and midnight in Sydney & Brisbane than they did in Melbourne where they were barely ahead of Seven.

Now admittedly I’m not sure how they’re doing this year (although I’d guess the gap is considerably closer due to things like GC2018, the decline in Ninja Warrior, etc.) but I stand by my point. Nine definitely should do what they can to improve the Melbourne ratings of Today, but not at the expense of Sydney & Brisbane.

Aside from differences in things like the football, just about every program on every network gets higher numbers in Melbourne than Sydney from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

I think they just need to a quick swap of Georgie & Deb’s roles on Nine. As great as everyone thought it would be, it just hasn’t worked with Georgie in the chair. She clearly can’t stand anyone on that team and doesn’t want to be there.

3 Likes

Monday (27.08.2018): Tim Gilbert is co-hosting with Georgie today, in addition to presenting sport, as Karl is off sick. Stevie Jacobs is presenting the weather, as has been mentioned, this week.

Surely, they don’t think Tim will rate/be better than Sylvia. At least they could get a newsreader. There is a reason he rarely co-hosts.

3 Likes

Melbourne definitely used to be a Nine town, but I think as AFL becomes more ingrained as Seven’s thing it’s changing - Seven has the sport they love on it. Cricket on Seven will only cement that impression.

1 Like

I think Tim will be co-hosting, as Sylvia wouldn’t have been involved in the production meetings on Friday.

1 Like

I’m not sure about cricket cementing that position. Melbounians love the Australian Open in Melbourne, which will soon be on 9.

Could’ve been late notice that Karl was sick and too late to arrange for Deb or Lara to come in,and easier just to put Tim in host chair this morning.

2 Likes

It was a warm welcome back for Stevie this morning.

4 Likes

I wonder if Natalia is feeling nervous? Cause Steve would clearly want his job back.

4 Likes

She might be… but Nine should at least offer Stevie the weekend role on a permanent basis.
Now we know he only left the weekday role so he could move away in an attempt to save his marriage, now he is living back in Sydney and sharing custody of his children l doubt he would want to go back to full time because of the travelling that is needed for the role.

When it’s out on location it’s not really a weather report, it’s more infomercial with the weather tacked on the end.

3 Likes

It’s never been a proper weather forecast it’s always been about the location on brekky tv.

5 Likes

Monte and Sami hardly ever went on location.

Tuesday -

Tim co-hosting with Georgie again this morning with Karl still away sick.

Stevie in the studio with the team presenting weather today.

3 Likes

Broadcasting outdoors in Canberra in the middle of winter was not a good idea.

2 Likes