Today (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:357, topic:101”]
There seems to be a small amount of interest in this :blush:
[/quote] Please keep us up-to-date, it is rather interesting and rather tight between the two brekky shows. [quote=“TV.Cynic, post:357, topic:101”]
After Friday numbers came in, Today ended up ahead for the week by 1,000 with wins in Sydney and Melbourne. Sunrise won the other 3 markets.
[/quote] Glad Today has reclaimed Melbourne this year after losing it for the first or at least for a very long time. Also good to see this year Today is stronger across the week, inside of just Monday and Tuesdays. Weekend Sunrise also won yesterday, glad that happened. [quote=“Salty, post:152, topic:148, full:true”]
@Lepatron l believe we really need a sports presenter back on Today on weekends,would be a smart move to have Julie join the weekend team.
[/quote] Certainly need more of a team than right now. I suspect Deb will be back mid-year ( she said in a recent article that she wanted to set a good example to mums and get back to work rather soon). As for Wendy, I wouldn’t be completely surprised if Wendy didn’t return to WT or if so much later in the year( I suspect September or August) considering on the last two ML Wendy has received the first was 12 month break with her second son Wendy returned after about 9 months. Natalia Cooper looks sturdy on weather duties since she continues to fill-in for Stevie during the week. Pete is obviously Cam replacement … for now! ( Pete might replace Karl next year, you never know). As for Snookie, I think she would be a brilliant addition to Today but I would prefer, with Natalia usually in the studio, Clint Stanaway in Melbourne presenting sport. For some reason, they don’t use Erin Molan, even though she has made regular appearances on the weekend for a sports segment.

Today won Tuesday by 38,000 again winning Sydney and Melbourne. Largest audience for approx 4 weeks.

1 Like

Today to host Logie Awards Red Carpet

More:

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/58th-tv-week-logie-awards-2016/561/68?u=tv.cynic

Yeah, I always thought the red carpet fashions needed the journalistic integrity of the Today show. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 58th TV Week Logie Awards 2016

Another win for Today on Wednesday, this time with its highest audience for the year, 24,000 clear of Sunrise that also did well with its 3rd highest result of 2016.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/ratings-my-kitchen-rules-builds-to-finals-as-today-hits-a-2016-high/1101?u=tv.cynic

Saturday (16.04.16) - Sunday (17.04.16) : With Natalia doing weekday weather duties, Aislin Kruikelis is reading the news alongside Peter Stefanovic and Amelia Adams.

Today won last week by 15,000 with wins in Sydney and Melbourne. Sunrise won on Thursday and Friday.

2 Likes

Stevie Jacobs and Tim Gilbert have returned from holidays this morning.

1 Like

Aislin Kriukelis presenting weather on Wednesday & Thursday this week.

Friday (22.04.16): Birthday girl (for tomorrow) Sylvia Jeffreys is co-hosting this morning with Karl. Aisin Kriukelis is reading the news while Natalia Cooper is presenting the weather. Due to the death of Prince, Richard Wilkins has joined the team extensively this morning.

Monday (25.04.16): For the first time in years, Today is broadcasting an OB for Anzac Day- live from Anzac Village. Sylvia Jeffreys is co-hosting with Karl again this morning ( she is much better as host than in the newschair that’s for sure). Aislin Kriukelis has the ‘rest of the days’ news in the studio.
Tuesday (26.04.16)-Thursday(28.04.16): Sylvia is filling-in for Lisa. Ailslin Kriukelis is on the news.
Friday(29.04.16): Stevie away again with Natalia Cooper on Weather duties.

1 Like

Aislin is a very average newsreader IMO.

[quote=“spw68, post:372, topic:101, full:true”]
Aislin is a very average newsreader IMO.
[/quote] I tend to agree but she is a very good reporter IMO. Unfortunately with Deb, Georgie and Wendy having family commitments permanently, Today will never have a really good newsreader to fill-in (maybe that is the intention).

Sylvia is definitely better at hosting than reading the news. I almost feel as if she adds a fresher feel than when Lisa is around.

Natalia is a stronger newsreader than Aislin, however they seem to go more for Aislin these days.

1 Like

[quote=“nationalnews, post:373, topic:101”]
Unfortunately with Deb, Georgie and Wendy having family commitments permanently, Today will never have a really good newsreader to fill-in (maybe that is the intention).
[/quote] There is also Alicia Loxley and Amber Sherlock but both have commitments with Nine News.[quote=“Tyson, post:374, topic:101”]
I almost feel as if [Sylvia] adds a fresher feel than when Lisa is around.
[/quote] Sylvia adds another dynamic when she is in the hosting chair, and yes I think ‘fresh’ is an appropriate word. However, it doesn’t mean I prefer Sylvia over Lisa. Go figure.[quote=“Tyson, post:374, topic:101”]
Natalia is a stronger newsreader than Aislin…[/quote] Natalia is better than Aislin but not really suited to the weekday news reading duties IMO. I am sure with practice, Aislin will become better. [quote=“Tyson, post:374, topic:101”]
however they seem to go more for Aislin these days.
[/quote] With Sylvia and Karl, I think Today feel it is necessary to have a few QLDers on deck.

When we last left the weekday ratings, Sunrise was ahead after Thursday by 5,000. However Today recorded its highest number for the year on Friday and ended ahead again for the week. Sydney and Melbourne.

1 Like

This is a tight start to the year. Today on top but Sunrise fighting back. I like it.

1 Like

Since the Brisbane audience does count a fair bit towards the East Coast/national ratings (and also the fact that Queenslanders do seem to like seeing Queensland content and presenters on TV!), you can perfectly understand why Nine has presenters such as Karl and Sylvia on the team.

I don’t think that it’s any coincidence that Today rates better in Brisbane/nationally these days, rather than a few years ago when Today’s presenting team made it very much “a Sydney show” compared to Sunrise with it’s more nationally-balanced presenting team.

Anyway, here’s a few (albeit, only SD) caps from the start of Today’s coverage this morning:

4 Likes

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:378, topic:101”]
Anyway, here’s a few (albeit, only SD) caps from the start of Today’s coverage this morning
[/quote] Only SD and they are still better than mine :(. Thanks for the uploads as QLD missed the first minute due to the dawn service running over time( Nine decided to cut off the rest of it and played Today instead).[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:378, topic:101”]
I don’t think that it’s any coincidence that Today rates better in Brisbane/nationally these days, rather than a few years ago when Today’s presenting team made it very much “a Sydney show” compared to Sunrise with it’s more nationally-balanced presenting team.
[/quote] I agree and have worked this out before. Since Sylvia joined (from 2015) more QLD have woken up with Today over Sunrise. However, in the same period Today has become weaker in Melbourne ( first time Sunrise won in Melbourne overall was last year, thankfully it hasn’t carried over to 2016). So if that is a risk that want to take, good for them. [quote=“TV.Cynic, post:376, topic:101”]
However Today recorded its highest number for the year on Friday and ended ahead again for the week.
[/quote] Could have predicted that. Thanks for the figures again this week @TV.Cynic.