Today (2015-Sept 2020)

The Today program will return next year reinvigorated with an increased focus on politics and campaigning journalism — but …

You’ll have to wait to find out the rest

1 Like

Today to return to the “stuff they did a long time ago”:

REALLY hope this means no more mascots. Seems to be going for a newsier approach, a genre we have said is missing from breakfast television.

9 Likes

Should have Bracey hosting it rather than Tim.

1 Like

With Georgie at the head, by the looks, she is pushing for something similar to this:

5 Likes

It won’t last. When ratings take a dive they’ll go back to discussing the click bait headlines and other buffoonery.

8 Likes

Possibility:
Nine News Today using the 6PM set?

4 Likes

Hmm I think this could be a smart move.

Recent segments of Karl interviewing political leaders have gone viral. I reckon Chris Uhlmann’s recent viral segment and subsequent hiring demonstrated to Nine that political content can get programs like Today and Nine News and personalities like Karl into the headlines.

This change might not be limited to Today - possibly a lot more coming to Nine News too.

5 Likes

Can’t see it working with the very limited amount of space and inflexible cameras of the news studio. They are talking about incorporating a bit more news, not becoming News Breakfast. There will still be cooking segments, musical guests, interview segments etc.

5 Likes

As much as I’d really like to see Today go upmarket, I can’t see that happening anytime soon and especially while Karl Stefanovic is still presenting the show!

After introducing new graphics, new sets, new regional bulletins for their SCA affiliates and new 4pm news bulletins for each state over the past 12-18 months, it’ll be very interesting to see what other major changes Nine News could make…

4 Likes

Could Today be making this shift to newsier, more political content in an attempt to not only differentiate itself, but to possibly scare off TEN/CBS from launching a ‘CBS This Morning’-type program in the future?

2 Likes

Channel Ten’s only hope for breakfast is to skew towards a market that isn’t already being catered for. I think a Hot Breakfast style show with a sports and comedy edge is the only hope.

1 Like

"The Today program will return next year “reinvigorated” with an increased focus on politics and campaigning journalism — but with a “no BS” policy aimed at stopping spinning politicians in their tracks "

But giving them the heads up won’t be good. They just wont appear on the show

Tracy Grimshaw appeared on the show this morning talking about her Don Burke interview.

2 Likes

She 100% is not trying to push Today to become a 30 minute news bulletin on a loop.

Photoshoot happening today for those interested.

8 Likes

Belinda Russell is reading news this weekend.

1 Like

She musn’t have got too drunk at Dickie’s Xmas party last night then lol

Seems like Weekend Today is permanently in the shit studio now.

1 Like

The plan is to be in studio 23 on Saturdays and in 22 on Sundays.

However, over summer (when there is no WWOS broadcasting) the team stay in the automated studio 23, which is financially cheaper.

How do you know? Has someone confirmed to you this?

Bad decision nonetheless. Looks awfully cheap.

1 Like