Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Just a Sydney person who doesn’t know Melbourne.

4 Likes

Sadly, a few people within Nine Sydney even get Regional NSW geography incorrect at times!

Although I would’ve thought most people would know the correct spelling of one of Melbourne’s most famous streets, especially after the incident in January…

If they added the O they would have had to change the font size to make it fit.

Maybe they were just reminiscing about Don Burke and his backyard.

3 Likes

The text auto squeezes. So adding another letter doesn’t matter.

1 Like

When are the Nine upfronts? Have they had them yet? At this point it looks like they’re sticking with Deb until the annual summer break so the new host will be announced next year?

Nine held their upfronts a week before the Lisa Wilkinson network defection announcement: Nine Network Upfronts 2018

Ratings haven’t changed much with Deb there compared to when Lisa was there so they may be testing the waters and just decide to leave things as they are.

It might also have something to do with Sylvia Jeffreys and her contract negotiations. Maybe they’re not agreeing with what she’s asking for either. Nine are playing hardball so may not care if she leaves either.

1 Like

Good, she’s annoying I couldn’t wake up to that every morning already hard enough when she reads the news. TBH ever since she has joined Today I’ve found her very obnoxious and fake compared what she used to be.

4 Likes

Sylvia in the studio reading news.
Deb & Karl in Melbourne with Richard and Natalia Cooper presenting weather from The Birdcage at Flemington

Tim Gilbert doing Fuel Free Friday in Melbourne this morning.

6 Likes

Any guesses as to who is hosting the merry-go-round tomorrow morning?

3 Likes

Flip a coin? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wildcard entry: Karl and Sylvia for the Weekend Edition. Honestly, that wouldn’t surprise me! :grinning:

Johnathon Uptin, Jayne and Christine Ahern.

Honestly. And on the shit set too.

6 Likes

And Belinda Russell presenting weather.

2 Likes

Tom must prefer to be a correspondent rather than hosting.

1 Like

Yup Johno Is on

This isn’t the usual set is it?

4 Likes

Despite the revolving door of presenters, it is great to see Johno get some national exposure.

12 Likes

And I prefer Tom corresponding too. His fill-ins have done a much better job, IMO. Maybe Pete Stefanovic will return next year.

If Deb gets the weekday gig, Nine are basically going to have to replace the weekend whole team…

5 Likes

Am I the only one that thinks the Today brand is slowly deteriorating? It’s obvious they’re not willing to put the time and effort into Weekend Today, they probably just put all the segments that didn’t make it to the weekday edition (for various reasons) and shoved it to the weekend edition to make a show. If what the newspapers are reporting is right about Karl’s pay, he certainly doesn’t deserve it regardless of the extra shows because he isn’t that much of an asset compared to other talent the network has who are probably earning less.

2 Likes

I honestly hope that Deb gets the weekday role. She’s definitely deserved it and she’s the closest we’ll get to Lisa (Georgie is another great option) for a while.

2 Likes