Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Will they be in Canberra tomorrow/Wed for the budget?

Typically, both breakfast shows will be live in Canberra on Wednesday to deliver the aftermath/affects. As you would recall, last year, Karl and Lisa were both in Canberra when that infamous tenting incident occurred.

2 Likes

:flushed:

3 Likes

Karl pitched a tent? :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Look I know the budget gets him excited…

1 Like

Ratings: Have You Been Paying Attention? returns to biggest launch episode ever:

Strong win yesterday.

2 Likes

I think for the first time in years, neither Lisa nor Karl are live in Canberra this morning. However, Ross Greenwood is and is covering the Federal Budget verdict.

Extremely limited coverage of budget on Today.

3 Likes

I noticed that on Today this morning there were no ad breaks between 7.30 and 8.14 - is this normal?

1 Like

That’s normal for both shows (Sunrise and Today) and has been for years

Nine denies the $130,000 Block of Cash giveaway was a scam, with viewers claiming the Today hosts encouraged viewers to call in on the morning of the ‘random call’ despite the competition closing at 4:30pm the day before, with the draw at 5:00pm that day. Nine also had a television crew outside the winners house, they then ‘surprised’ him shortly after he answered the phone call.
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/breakfast/channel-nine-denies-scam-after-today-show-gives-away-130000-block-of-cash-20170510-gw219b.html

1 Like

I’m not sure about all the claims but it looked really fake when the camera crew was able to film the winner talking to the studio on the phone while sitting in his lounge. The time between the call being answered and the film crew appearing inside the house was less than 40 seconds. So in that time someone (who?) let them in as his wife was seen also in the same room with him. Of course in the film crew was already at the front door, he would have known to answer with the phase.

The winner’s wife can be seen running out of the room

3 Likes

Sunrise’s Cash Cow has done this many times in the past when there’s a big jackpot. It’s filmed live in Sydney with the Cash Cow present at the winner’s home. It’s not a scam with big cash giveaway on morning shows.

2 Likes

Not buying into the PR spin. The camera crew was in the house while the guy is on the phone to the studio. It isn’t credible that the camera crew was outside the door waiting to see if he answered the phone correctly; when he did knocked on the door, was let in by some unaccounted for person and was recording in the lounge room, all in under 40 seconds.

Today won the ratings yesterday by 10,000 but both breakfast show rated lower than usual. Today has won every day this week,

The wife let them in lol

1 Like

The video showed her in the lounge with the husband.

Wilkinson: "Are you at home at the moment Josh?"
Josh: “Yeah I am, I just woke up.”

Stefanovic: “I hope we’re not gonna get done for trespassing.”

Stefanovic giving the impression the door was open, or Nine broke in.

Video here:

You see her running through the lounge room as the crew walks in. A pretty good guess that she just opened the door seconds earlier.

You do live up to your Mediaspy name, I’ll give you points for that.

Sydney just got a promo for the Today Show being live in Ipswich Central tomorrow, Lisa said “come on down and join all the fun”.

Sorry Lisa, just a tad too far for me.

4 Likes

How often does Today Perth News come from the plaza?

2 Likes