Today (2015-Sept 2020)

According to Nine:

Today received its second highest ratings of the year (metro average audience).

I don’t understand as there have been multiple times the ratings have been higher. Not sure what I am missing. Monday’s ratings were higher, and last week’s average across the week was higher.

5 Likes

Also worth noting that Today won again in Brisbane. Melbourne was a tie (Today was a couple of hundred ahead) between Sunrise and Today - so perhaps some of those bumper news numbers are starting to tune in for breakfast. However, ABC Breakfast beat both commercial shows in Melbourne after also winning in Monday.

5 Likes

So this isn’t correct:

1 Like

Wow those are not the ratings I thought the show was getting. Slight win in Melbourne and winning Brisbane. How far behind in Sydney I wonder.

@TV.Cynic says they won by a couple of hundred, which is what they would be basing that claim on rather than the tie which it was rounded to for the official ratings report.

1 Like

ABC Breakfast had the highest audience in Melbourne - combined number from ABC and 24. Nine tend to not acknowledge this way of accounting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today newsletter:

3 Likes

Unsubscribe and/or Block Spam.

1 Like

4 weeks straight in Brisbane.
A little early to jump to any conclusions, but very good to see.
Agree with all of McKnight’s views.

10 Likes
1 Like

And look at yesterday’s woeful results for WT

New survey published in The Daily Telegraph reveals 30% of Today’s own audience are “burnt out with” and think negatively towards Karl, as he is set to re-sign on with the show into 2021.

2 Likes

It’s behind a pay wall but I’m guessing Annette Sharp?

So 70% think he’s fine. You could do a survey about other hosts and get much worse results.

3 Likes

Then why are these 30% still watching?

Are these surveys that real?

1 Like

It’s by another Telegraph writer, Briana Domjen.

Perhaps for the 30% who are negative towards Karl, dislike the commercial alternative even more (and don’t relalise that the ABC has a breakfast show).

2 Likes

A Qld-specific promo for Sunrise just aired in Brisbane.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Lol when was this used?
Was hoping I’d never have to see that set ever again.

3 Likes