Today Tonight

Yeah, they’re usually closed for 7 News but open for Today Tonight. I assume they were borrowed for 7’s 2018 SA Election coverage panel area, behind Melbourne’s old news desk:

… where in the cap above you can see each vertical panel/blind is suspended. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Disgusting new coming up graphic in Perth.

8 Likes

Very Seven News inspired.

2 Likes

Looks almost identical to the regional QLD coming up screen when crossing back to live news.

1 Like

TT Adelaide using the old logo to watermark footage.

1 Like

Came across this on 7 Plus, looks like a new virtual set may be coming soon to Perth… (excuse the quality)

3 Likes

I feel like that’s a very old promo.

2 Likes

You can place a year from the colour of Monika’s hair.

Can’t stop laughing at Graeme Butler’s face though oh my lord.

1 Like

The Photo is old, it’s been in the West Newspaper for ages. As seen in this picture.

However, the set behind them which is what I was referring to is not old. I would be expecting a new set anytime soon since you don’t change your the background from above to below for “the sake of it” if it doesn’t or isn’t going to match your brand.

1 Like

If that’s the case it’s not a very good change. And the TT virtual set was way better than the 7 News set.

2 Likes

Looks like Today Tonight Adelaide (with the traditional logo) on Seven Plus has adopted the same background graphic as Perth above… Don’t know whats going on here or what this is meant to mean in terms of presentation in the future.

6 Likes

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the 7plus branding for TT Adelaide has ever matched the local on-air presentation. TT Adelaide changed their logo way back in 2016, well before the PLUS7 to 7plus changes. Shouldn’t be hard to fix, you’d think? :thinking:

Oh for the love of God, please be so, last time since was during the move to Osborne Park in February 2015, minus the tweaks last year:

Virtual Sets going National baby! :smiley:

please don’t

If new a new TodayTonight Virtual Set is coming to Perth (or Adelaide for that matter), I wonder if Seven News Perth would be getting a similar treatment, as the current Set relies most on what is seen at 6pm in terms of layout, just a few things are swapped around.

I’d say that the banners are a stock template produced in Sydney by 7plus management. Same logo and backdrop, just paste on the relevant local presenter and bang!

They’d better be leaving the TT Adelaide set alone!

6 Likes

7th - 11th January 2019
Tina Altieri is presenting in Perth this week.

2 Likes

Perth caps:

Promos:

5 Likes

Tina has been presenting TT since Dec 24
Monkia Kos is back Jan 21

Today Tonight Adelaide returns February 4th

5 Likes

Oopsie daisy! Surprise Soda!

From 13 February 2018. (capped from 7plus)

2 Likes

I’m surprised Seven isn’t phasing this show out in Adelaide and Perth. Surely it would be massively cheaper for Seven to run news hours in both cities.

2 Likes