Today Extra

Thanks for sharing one of my videos! I’m not sure how much of it is already on YouTube, but I have the entire episode recorded (so I can upload more if people are interested). It was also Tony Jones’ last day on Today.

2 Likes

You’re Welcome, do you have Stevie’s return on the Today Show in 2019 with the team.

From that same day?

No, from Feb 2019

No.

The show had a rare win yesterday

4 Likes

Also, Today show was 4,000 behind Sunrise.

Sylvia must be due back soon.

It will be such a shame. Nothing at all against Sylvia but Belinda has made the show her own. She’s just perfect for it.

Can’t Sylvia do Fri/Sat weather in Sydney and Weekend Today?

Anything to keep Belinda on Today Extra.

12 Likes

If I were Nine, I would put Sylvia on Weekend Today with Charles Croucher.

6 Likes

To be completely honest, I’m surprised Sylvia is still at Nine. I would’ve thought she’d left for a fresh start somewhere else by now after the Today Show exodus.

Maybe if she’s returning soon she can takeover the daytime bulletins in Davina Smith’s absence to allow Belinda to stay on Today Extra.

1 Like

They would need to find something for Sylvia that is either an equal role or promotion - I don’t think a daytime bulletin or weather cuts it.

News on Today and Alex on Sport?

3 Likes

When is Davina coming back? Anyone know?

@David that could be interesting

Some viewers already struggle to tell Ally and Sylvia apart - imagine the meltdown if they were on together!

1 Like

I think having Sylvia on with Karl still in the mix creates and will show the relatiinship and closeness between the two that could see Ally as the third wheel…that wouldnt work imo especially if shes not the main female co host

2 Likes

Fair enough. Just chucking around ideas.

2 Likes

I personally would like to see Sylvia front weekend today. Still gives her something meaty in terms of a role but more importantly doesnt alter any of the week day roles on today and today extra

3 Likes

Mel Doyle narrating a new series for 9. Wonder how long before we see her fronting a morning show on the network?

Is it for Nine or ITV? There’s a massive difference.