Today Extra

Sonia Kruger for the Gold Logie.

1 Like

Thank god its only a joke. She has to be one of the worst TV presenters. QLD had their Telethon on Saturday and four of the most polarising presenters at the network hosted- Tim Gilbert, Richard Wilkins, Sonia Kruger and Shelly Craft. It was so boring and so put-on.

6 Likes

Itā€™s between her and Andrew Bolt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Richard Wilkins hosting with Sonia today.

1 Like

First time since the rebrand, right?

1 Like

But he did co-host post Logies show which was from Melbourne.

Richard also co-hosting with Sonia again today.

Ben Fordham hosting with Sonia ,David is returning later in the week.

1 Like

Today Extra coming out of the national studio where ACA is presented. Looks very amateurish.

1 Like

Looks like Richard Wilkins does not want to work on the show anymore, after this.

I thought it was rather polished. obviously, shocking for a morning show but if Today ever needed a temporary studioā€¦

5 Likes

Rather interesting they are in there. Wonder if itā€™s due to staffing numbers over the ā€œholiday periodā€ or if something is happening in the usual studio - just until they go into summer repeats?
Morning news is being presented infront of the plasma too. (Seen to the left in that cap)

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s that bad considering how basic their other set was in that massive studio. Maybe the usual studio is being prepared for a certain new set? :wink:

4 Likes

Today Extra certainly is a shocking mid-morning show, if you ask me! :confused:

As for the set itself, personally I donā€™t think it works as well for Today Extra compared to national news/ACA but Iā€™ve seen worse before.

Considering that Today Perth News shares the same set as Nineā€™s 6pm bulletin over in the West, I wouldā€™ve thought thereā€™s more than a half decent chance of (national) Today and Nine News Sydney possibly sharing a new set in 2017.

4 Likes

Do you think Nine would opt in for hosting national bulletins from this new set as well?

1 Like

[quote=ā€œnationalnews, post:129, topic:670ā€]
Looks like Richard Wilkins does not want to work on the show anymore, after this.[/quote]
She can be so bitchy, but in a nice way. :laughing:

Whilst I donā€™t know why or for how long, I have been told that Today Extra will not be permanently presented from Studio 3.

1 Like

Richard Wilkins hosting with Sonia today.

1 Like

Today Extra moves to smaller location at Willoughby HQ amid cost-cutting rumours

Today Extra has been forced from its usual home to a much smaller new dwelling at the channelā€™s Willoughby HQ in what insiders have said is a cost-cutting exercise.

And TV insiders said the latest move was a clear sign the broadcaster was desperately trying to save money.

But Nine News boss Darren Wick said it was just a matter of using resources more wisely.

4 Likes

I donā€™t understand how thatā€™s using resources more wisely? The set and crew for Today show are already there???

I watched a bit Today Extra morning. The set in Extra mode is just foul and cheap. Kind of works for ACA but this is just yuck. Iā€™t seems so limiting. They can no longer do cooking segments or performances or even segments like the on nationalnews posted with the xmas presents.

Will be monitoring to see if it impacts on number watching (as Iā€™m sure Nine will be too).

The story says it is now in an automated studio so no need for a crew, and they will move back to the other studio as needed for large events.

4 Likes