Today Extra

Sylvia presented news update just after 9am,we use to have Davina doing 9am update.
Glad to see Davina sitting at the desk with David &Sonia.
I think we will have usual news updates every 30minutes like we did on 'Mornings '.

1 Like

Nine taking a few hints from the WIN School of Coverups with this (which if you blinked, you probably missed) super on an infomercial! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

[quote=“Salty, post:31, topic:670, full:true”]
Sylvia presented news update just after 9am,we use to have Davina doing 9am update. Glad to see Davina sitting at the desk with David &Sonia. I think we will have usual news updates every 30minutes like we did on 'Mornings '.
[/quote] So Sylvia does just the 9am news update, then Davina joins them on set for 9.30,10.00,10.30 and 11.00? Did you notice any change in formats @Salty, if you were watching don’t blame you if you didn’t.

Nine seem unprepared for this change over. I post on Twitter about TODAY Extra only referring to the main TODAY page and 9Now still has a Mornings page.

1 Like

From what I noticed Davina was on set the whole time after she presented the first news update.

1 Like

@nationalnews Yes Sylvia only presented 9am update.

1 Like

In case anyone is interested, I will be able to cap some of TODAY Extra on Friday and possibly Saturday. I might have a go at recording the cross over for both TMS and TODAY Extra, I’ll see how I go.

Off to a slow start, considering the massive TODAY lead in although, Superbowl was live on Seven. TODAY Extra seem to be at about the same level as Mornings ratings wise last year.

1 Like

As promised, here is a clip of the transition between Today and Today Extra.
N.B: There is no farewell from Karl or Lisa, just a break, then as seen in the video a regular Today News update at 9.00 before the transition.

gosh those today GFX are very ugly

[quote=“nationalnews, post:37, topic:670”]
As promised, here is a clip of the transition between Today and Today Extra. N.B: There is no farewell from Karl or Lisa, just a break,
[/quote] Looks like others have noticed this: http://tvtonight.com.au/2016/02/aww-thanks-for-watching-karl-lisa.html

1 Like

Does Davina work Friday’s too now given she sits at the desk as newsreader?

[quote=“lepatron, post:40, topic:670, full:true”]
Does Davina work Friday’s too now given she sits at the desk as newsreader?
[/quote] No Peter Stefanovic has read and will I assume read TODAY Extra news as well as Morning and Afternoon News on Fridays. Really, it is who reads the Morning/Afternoon News will read TODAY Extra news updates

Georgie Gardner hosting with David today.

1 Like

Sonia is recording The Voice blind auditions this week (two sessions each day from Tuesday to Friday) so you may not see her on Today Extra at all until next week.

@JohnsonTV your right Sonia is off the show all this week. Georgie filling in for her this week.

[quote=“EuroKick, post:246, topic:101, full:true”]
Why is this today extra crap still branded as live? That’s pretty piss poor.
[/quote] What do you mean? Today Extra is live in some states. If you are referring to the Saturday repeat, it is easier for the producers just to edit footage of the week’s show instead of the graphics. Everyone should know that it is pre-recorded. Anyway, when the host says " for more we go LIVE to…", isn’t that the same thing?

Georgie Gardner hosted again on Friday March 4th. A promo aired last week promoting TODAY’s ‘We Love Australia’ tour and at the end Sonia and David were included. So does that mean they will be going?

Georgie Gardner co-hosted Tuesday-Thursday last week. Sonia doing Monday and Friday, who I presume was doing The Voice.

Georgie Gardner hosted on Thursday (17.03.16).

Ratings for Today Extra added to today’s report.

1 Like

The Voice was not on last week, but it will be on next week for super battles (March 22 to 24).

Sonia was off doing a Target “fashion show”. They interviewed her from Melbourne on the show.