Today (2016 revamp)

Pretty sure Sunrise’s can too. Pretty sure they were sitting at the desk yesterday with an MKR red background.
Today’s graphics look flat. Sunrise’s have more depth suited to a news-type show.

Reminds me a little of the 2004 look.

AMP building?

I find the new graphics very simple and 9 News inspired, maybe that is what the were going for. I don’t mind them, nitpicking I would say the headline super and text is too big and should be able to fit the sub-heading in too and like I said for Sunrise the weather map should have also been updated . Set caps and criticisms in the AM.

2 Likes

Having had a proper look, I’m going to say that most of the graphics look better than Sunrise. The subtle 3D and 2D mixture is much more modern and in-keeping with design trends, in comparison to Sunrise’s obsession with 3D everywhere.

3 Likes

@nationalnews thanks for filling the gaps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love the colour palette and the general vibe, really resolves all the issues I had with their previous look (drab, dark, everyone looking Trump orange) without actually making any substantive changes. Liking the newsier look, too.

The set looks great in close up shots, particularly news and sport. Looks awkward and cheap when seen in full, and that soft set area is really weak.

For such a huge, flexible studio they’re still very much restricted in what they can do compared to Sunrise’s great-from-every-angle set.

7 Likes

That’ll about do it for this relaunch thread. The main thread will re-open momentarily.

1 Like