The X Factor

I think that Seven would be better off axing the show and trying something new for a change! Same deal with Nine and The Voice.

They should definitely rest it. And return with a better (more true to the original) judging panel.

7 have nothing to worry about 9 and The Voice. Itā€™s a flop and will never live up to X Factor.

1 Like

Remembering 7 have the Olympics during August, so they can probably afford to rest the X Factor this year and during the Olympics promote new or other programs that could fill the fourth quarter with better ratings at 7:30pm than what the X Factor was doing last year.

Itā€™s funny how Brothers 3 album debuted at number 11 and then dropped completely out of the Top 50 the following week. I know for a fact that they were performing shows and flogging the album throughout the Tamworth Country Music festival (as my parents went and saw them) and probably 90% of their sales came from that. The next week when they were finished up there boom itā€™s gone out of existence.

Dannii announced on Twitter yesterday that she has quit The X Factor:

Iā€™ve decided itā€™s time to have a break from X Factor Australia. Iā€™ve loved mentoring on XF for 7 years in UK & Ozā€¦new & exciting projects #2016

1 Like

not unexpected, to blatantly ctrl+C ctrl+v my comment from tvtonight:

TXF has not been at its best since the Ronan-Nat-Guy-Mel panel. I loved Dannii on UK x factor and AGT but i dont think she gelled on Australias AGT next to Redfoo and Chris Isaac.

I think a good (and realistic) panel would be Jessica Mauboy, Tina Arena, Keith Urban & Guy Sebastian. I think all Aussie judges without compromising on profile would be a real selling point. Plus a good combination of youth/experience, and local/international success.

In the past Jess has been to young for it but now she is 26 she will atleast be older than her menteeā€™s if she has the boys or girls category.

another thought;
If mariah carey is going to be spending more time in Australia i wonder if she would be involved in some capacity?

1 Like

I donā€™t think Jess Mauboy is a very good public speaker. Love her as a performer but donā€™t think sheā€™d suit the role.

2 Likes

I wonder Danniiā€™s departure is related to the uncertainty on the future of the show? This time last year the audition tour was well underway.
Constant changes to the mentor/judge panel is not helping the show. Compare that with The Voice where Joel Madden has been a judge all the way, and Delta Goodrem has been a judge for all but one season.

1 Like

Tina would be brilliant. And she is aiming to spend more time here now.

Funny that Mel b is in Australia the exact weekend that Danni announces her departure. Perhaps she is returning!!! We will probably know tomorrow as she is co-hosting with Kyle and Jackie O tomorrow

2 Likes

Donā€™t do it 7. Backward step

1 Like

I thought the exact same thing when I saw she was on Sunrise this morning #getherback

Is there any official word on whether X Factor is returning?

Interesting articleā€¦

As a viewer of the UK version also it would be great to have Cheryl down here. Butā€¦ would anyone in Australia even know who she is? Was Girls Aloud that big a deal here?

I know success and longevity is no indication of a capacity to be a TV talent on a panel (Redfoo anyone?). Probably more about getting a 1D person on the panel which WOULD be a coup.

She is lesser known here but she knows the format and is proven in this role. I think itā€™s just what the show needs in Australia.

I highly doubt Seven would want to invest in expensive untested judging talent like they did last year. In hindsight- last years panel was a monumental flop.

2 Likes

No, they are unknown in Australia. The highest chating single they have had was 23 so they havenā€™t really made any impact.

She charted at #5 with 3 Words on the Aria Charts

Auditions starting or coming to Adelaide soon.

Is that a statement or a question?