The Super Switch

##seven Year Switch

Coming soon to Seven

Is the grass greener on the other side?

Four couples in strife will put their relationships to the test as they participate in an experimental marriage with a total stranger.

In Channel Seven’s new series, Seven Year Switch, four couples on the brink of separation will embark on a daring new social experiment in an attempt to save their marriage. Our relationship psychologists will be there to guide the couples, as viewers follow the journey of each broken relationship to see whether it can be saved by being placed in an extraordinary situation.

The lovelorn couples are at a crossroads in their relationship and will get the chance to live with a like-minded new partner for two weeks, in a trial marriage, to reveal whether similar traits and characteristics in a partner is the missing ingredient to making a relationship stronger.

This unorthodox experiment is totally unpredictable and life-changing.

Two relationship experts will guide the couples through the therapy process, as they adjust to living with an experimental partner.

At the end of the month-long experiment, each of the couples will reunite and make the decision to either part ways or reaffirm their commitment.

Seven’s Director of Production Brad Lyons says, “This is an extremely controversial and radical approach. This show will cause couples on the edge of splitting up to take a really hard look at their relationship and decide if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence”.

Sounds a bit like Wife Swap revisited. :poop:

Saw a long promo on Monday night during MKR. I think it will be a ratings flop.

The show premieres Tuesday March 15, replacing Wanted in the 9pm timeslot, according to The Sunday Telegraph.

1 Like

That sux. That timeslot should be devoted to drama all year round.

It might be quite a dramatic show, however.

Premiers Tuesday 15 March at 9.00pm

In Channel Seven’s new documentary series, Seven Year Switch, four couples on the brink of separation will embark on a daring new social experiment where they’ll put their relationship on the line in order to save it.

The brave couples at a crossroads in their relationship will get the chance to live with a like-minded new partner in an experimental marriage, to help them decide if they would be better off with someone more like them.

Then they continue to support them offering tools and strategies that will help them unpack their issues.

This innovative experiment, called “Switch Therapy”, is radical, totally unpredictable and life-changing.

The series begins with the four couples embarking on an emotionally difficult journey to help repair their fragile relationships. Viewers learn each of their love stories – how they met, how they fell in love, how their relationships took a turn for the worst and why they are willing to risk everything to mend it.

Two relationship experts, Jo Lamble and Peter Charleston, will help guide the couples through the therapy process as they adjust to living with an experimental partner.

Before the four couples embark on this brave journey, Jo and Peter will visit them at home to assess their relationship and living arrangements, then continue to support them as they adjust to living with an experimental partner.

Will their experimental spouses be able to fill the void they’ve been yearning for, or will they discover that the grass isn’t always greener?

At the end of the experiment, each of the couples will reunite and make the decision: to either part ways, or reaffirm their commitment for life.

The graphics and presentation of this programme don’t quite correlate with what it’s about? It makes it seem like an off-shoot of that First Dates programme also shown at 9pm.

In the same vain as Bachelor / Married at First Sight / Farmer Wants a Wife…yawn, get some new ideas Seven instead of consistently churning out copies.

Unfortunately the show was panned as a train-wreck. I’d highly doubt it would see out the season. Seven will shift it to the late night time slot or give it the axe after a month.

Last nights figures will disagree with this statement. I don’t think it was as bad as many are saying.

I feel like Seven are just flooding the market with relationship shows just to damage Married At First Sight. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think you are right. But it seems to be working for them.

Next Tuesday’s episode has been delayed and will now follow My Kitchen Rules grand final.

I have been enjoying this show but last nights episode got to the point where it’s definitely dragging on too much. Nothing really happened apart from watching and reacting to videos of themselves. It was also frustrating that the previews that Seven have been showing the last couple of weeks were not for last night and obviously for the remainder of the season.

What do you mean? It normally airs on a Tuesday after MKR.

Last night’s promo said Seven Year Switch would return next Tuesday at 9pm before Seven rescheduled MKR grand final. Considering the length of MKR grand final (usually 2 hours), SYS will be pushed to 9.30pm or beyond.

EDIT: next week’s episode will now start at 9.45pm.

But wait, there’s more…utter rubbish. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even though it seems like this season has dragged on forever I’m looking forward to the reunion. Last night’s episode was predictable in that it’s not like in the ‘make your decision’ moment that any of the couples were going to break up just in that moment after years of a relationship. However away from the cameras and with a bit more time between filming and the reunion we will see how they are truly doing now. Not sure why the change of nights though.

I was surprised how quickly Tallina just ran back to partner though after staying away a couple of days. That guy is a nutter and she can do way better.

Eddy Bartholomew is hosting the reunion special tomorrow night.

Seriously? Seems like an awful lot of effort to damage one show on Nine that only rates reasonably at best.

Stuff like Kiss Bang Love is pure garbage.

Seven is flooding the market with these shows because these are what their bogan demographics are watching at the moment. Nothing to do with Nine at all.