The Royal Family

I agree. Christianity is still the predominant Religion in Australia and a lot of religious and some secular traditions have a connection to Christmas or Easter so no need for any change.

The less relevant Queen’s/King’s Birthday celebrated on a date which is nowhere near the actual birthdays is one that can easily change. They don’t even have a Queen’s Birthday public holiday in the UK.

No one is suggesting we have less public holidays.

Good Friday in particular is a crap public holiday, everything is closed. I think people would be happy to swap it for something else.

No, I don’t agree. Traditionally, I think it should remain.

Same as Christmas. I really dont think people are that passionate about having businesses open every single day of the year. A break for two days out of 365 is not a problem.

1 Like

The 2021 Australian census data showed that 43.9% of Australians classify themselves Christian The second-largest classification was the 38.9% who identified as "No religion’’

1 Like

Yeah I don’t actually give a c#ap what they are for or when, as long as there’s no net reduction in public holidays.

1 Like

I think we’re going away from the Royal Family topic just a bit. There should be a “Australian Public Holiday” topic made…

I don’t think many want less public holidays. Yes, Christianity may be on a decline, but it’s good to have a break from work “for a week” at the end of the year, with Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years Day being all so close together. Then in April, having a four-day long week is good and a small break from work (with Easter), and if ANZAC Day falls near the Easter break, even better.

I wish i was living in Melbourne with their two extra public holidays - Melbourne Cup Day, and the pre-AFL Grand Final Day on the Friday. Are the non-sports fans calling for those two days to be scrapped? I doubt it…

2 Likes
1 Like

Bravo!

I’ve been wanting to write to his majesty the king to express my condolences on the death of his mother so i sent off a letter offering my condolences and wishes for a long, prosperous reign of King Charles today. If i get a response i’ll let you know

2 Likes

This isn’t the sort of thing that I’d do, but I’m interested to know where you sent it, do they have a specific address for royal correspondence, or do you lob it in to “King Charles III, Buckingham Palace, London”?

1 Like

The address is on the Royal website but it is

His Majesty The King
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA

So yeah pretty much lob it to Buckingham Palace

3 Likes
1 Like

Harry and Meghan are considering suing the creators of South Park :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Apparently, their popularity has plummeted in the US.

1 Like

Good. They’re just vile now. I wish they’d go away.

3 Likes

I reckon that’s another bullshit story planted in the media for clickbait.

1 Like

They won’t.

1 Like

Exactly what i thought. The media goes into a frenzy over any baseless story that clickbaiters come up with.

2 Likes