The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Good to see a woman in the chair tonight, considering it’s generally only men who fill in for Pete/Lehmo.

4 Likes

Kitty Flanagan and Denise Scott have both sat in the chair previously, but I agree I think the spot will suit Meshel well.

3 Likes

Oh they must have read my comment on Twitter about putting Meshel back on. 3 women, Walleed won’t know what to do? He cant patronize all 3 right?

1 Like

Are you just trying to be a dickhead or does it come naturally?

3 Likes

What do you mean? Have you seen the way he talks to Gretel Killeen?

I have. And I wouldn’t say he is patronizing at all.

2 Likes

is condescending a better word?

You think Waleed is condescending towards women or men?

I don’t think he treats women any differently to men.

4 Likes

depends who it is. he likes to not only mansplain things but intelectuallysplain them even if people are making jokes.

I don’t think he treats women any differently to men. He knows that he can come across as if he’s overexplaining and he has addressed that on the show before.

Meshel has been back on the show for the past month, prior to that she was on a book tour in the UK.
She is normally on Wednesdays every fortnight and does the occasional night filling in like tonight.
Last week she was on Wednesday and filled in on Thursday night for Lisa Wilkinson.

1 Like

Even if he is he speaks the same to everyone. Have you seen the way he speaks to the likes of Malcolm Turnball? I wouldn’t say it was a way he spoke to women… and in fact it is a really anti feminist thing to say if you want him to speak to women differently to the way he speaks to men. He should treat everyone the same.

2 Likes

Imagine him and Joe Hilderbrand having a debate.

Next week -

Tuesday - Kitty Flanagan (guest interview)
Wednesday - Courtney Act (4th panellist)
Thursday & Friday - Hamish Macdonald filling in for Waleed.

8 Likes

Lisa’s sign off tonight…

Have a great day!

1 Like

Old habits are hard to break.

1 Like

Like this

5 Likes

Rachel Corbett was the fourth panellist on Thursday night, instead of Lisa.

Loved tonight’s panel. Waleed and Lisa work well together (better than Waleed and Carrie and Lisa and Hamish IMO).

As has been stated above, Meshel did a great job in the chair and should be used in that capacity more often. Much better than Dave Thorton and to a degree Tommy Little.

1 Like

Really? Because I felt it was a little stilted tonight. I thought there was less free flowing conversation and just more plain presenting.