The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Overall. Not one individual day’s ratings.

Again you are forgetting the bigger picture. Its not all about ratings. Its about reach and branding and image.

Myeh… I think The Project for Lisa Wilkinson was more about signing her and not having to “warehouse” her as has been the case when “stars” switch networks. There will be a bigger vehicle for her, probably multiple, at which stage she will likely transition away from The Project if they are successful.

Ten certainly didn’t build there 2018 programming around the fact that they had signed Wilkinson, regardless of the negotiations that took place it was a swift decision. I think until Ten have something better to go on a Sunday the project will remain.

I think they would be somewhat pleased with the content and also viewer feedback. No network is going to acknowledge a dissatisfaction with ratings whilst the program is still on air without any proposed changes.

3 Likes

Ultimately, no one saw the Lisa Wilkinson termination from Nine coming - and as such Ten swiftly picked her up before ABC or Seven could pick her up.

Imagine Lisa Wilkinson present 7:30 (on ABC) or Sunday Night (on Seven) - that could be a dream for either network - BUT Ten moved swiftly, giving her a vehicle so she remains relevant and as has been said, there could be other opportunities for her at Ten - They do have slots in the schedule where a Lisa Wilkinson special could air (if the termination occurred 3 months earlier, there might have been one or two Lisa Wilkinson specials in this short period between I’m A Celebrity ending and Easter)… I know I am speculating but it is a plausible idea they might try to see if there is an audience for a solo Lisa Wilkinson program - As we have seen on Nine Karl Stefanovic has presented programs with mixed results

1 Like

Trending search on Google on Opera.

1 Like

First time I’ve seen someone say a FTA show is not all about ratings.

1 Like

I can’t see why Ten would have signed Lisa Wilkinson unless it was to boost their ratings and revenue.

1 Like

You need to pay more attention. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Really I think ABC say it all the time.

Possibly OR just to tie her up so some other network couldn’t use her pulling power

The Project went way over tonight.

what time did it finish at

Crazy because they didn’t actually have anything worth extending the show for tonight.

2 Likes

7:34 i believe. Normally finishes around 7:31.

It always tends to go over when there is nothing of interest following it. Funny that.

3 Likes

imageimage

3 Likes

The story on bullying tonight is one reason I think it is important The Project stays on air. I can’t imagine any other show presenting it in that fashion and with that much impact. I’m sure it’s another clip that will go viral, and deserves to.

10 Likes

The Badgelor to Waleed with a straight face: I don’t know how you got married, but well done! :joy:

Where have u been for the last 25 years?

1 Like

Meshel Laurie filling in for Lehmo tonight.

2 Likes