The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Lisa Wilkinson’s career has little do with ratings so can I suggest you all take this conversation elsewhere. Today’s ratings have held up without her and The Project’s have barely moved so I think the return on Ten’s investment is neutral at best thus far.

Or perhaps it’s all a media beat up? Did Lisa play a part in that? Yes.
Seriously, who cares what which TV presenter earns?
Can’t say I do.
I would have thought on a show like The Project, having a team of people capable of doing multiple things would be a bonus and not grounds to argue “X deserves more screen time”.

1 Like

How do you know she hasn’t already done that with advertisers, just by being there?

I don’t think it was ever confirmed (a) what Nine was paying her and (b) what Ten has offered/agreed to pay?

Most of it was media speculation and gossip IIRC.

We also know that Lisa Wilkinson is being used for other ventures at Ten.

At the end of the day it’s not our business. If Ten’s bosses are happy to pay what they’re paying and are happy with the results, then it’s not for us to speculate. We’re not the ones signing the cheques.

9 Likes

Did they give Lisa one of those big novelty cheques?

Dave Thornton filling in for Pete tonight.

1 Like

all done by EFT these days. They get a giant-sized email confirming the transaction

3 Likes

Higher production costs (paid for by Roving Enterprises and ultimately TEN) for no improvement in ratings and “presumably” no additional revenue. That’s not neutral … it’s negative.

Roving doesn’t produce it anymore. It’s done in house. They only pay roving for format rights.

1 Like

A very narrow minded comment. You need to remember the reach this program acheives on an international platform via social media clips. It also creates a brand and identity for ten. Such an important program.

20 posts, I thought Lisa had replaced Carrie or something :sleeping:

8 Likes

If they wanted her to dominate a show, she would of been given a program of her own - which admittedly could be on the cards - but at present I think CBS are just looking at their options and just maintaining the status quo for the interim.

I guess its like any one of the original 60 Minutes reporters - although there were stand outs (Ray Martin, most notable) as well as those that didn’t do as much (Ian Leslie), but all talented in their own right - with their own abilities which one would hope are being employed in each of The Project’s main presenter and the supplementary (guest) presenters will hopefully compliment the talent already on board - and honestly - you can’t win every time

Everything is getting smashed by MAFS though so when that is over it will probably improve. Maybe audiences don’t like Henry Rollins? I know one thing though… now Lisa is with ten she can go on
Have You Been Paying Attention or Hughesy We Have A Problem and let her funny side shine through.

I hope not.

why?? What problem do you have exactly with Lisa? What did she ever do to you?

Nothing. I just don’t think she would fit in on that program as she is not a comedian. On Hughesy We Have A Problem, sure.

2 Likes

I agree, if she did appear (which seems unlikely anyway given HYBPA films in Melbourne at the same time that The Project is live from Sydney) then it would have to be as a guest quizmaster rather than a contestant.

1 Like

If Sarah Harris and that lady from Fox sports can do HYBPA then there’s no reason Lisa can’t.

2 Likes

I think unless there is an exclusivity clause, that any personality could pop up on 2 or more networks - look at how in the past some presenters such as Geraldine Doogue would be on Ten and ABC at the same time and I am sure everyone could think of others

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/lisa-wilkinson-moving-to-the-project-hasnt-helped-the-ratings/news-story/40ee9f8a9e9eebe7d80dc927c97b1a43?nk=3c33f59ac60225cce0e23f153b9cd54d-1520900808

lol. They are pleased with [VERY LOW FIGURE FOR THE PROJECT LAST NIGHT REDACTED]. Unbelievable

3 Likes