The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I guess I was too focused on the presentation and not on the content. I’ll take another look :innocent:

It was full of sarcasm and obviously a pisstake. Maybe it was presented a bit too fast so you didn’t have time to absorb the jokes amongst the stats.

Yes Gorgi is hosting with Waleed, Tommy Little and Myf Warhurst the 4th panellist tonight.

4 Likes

Lisa is back with Henry Rollins on the panel tonight

4 Likes

Tommy Little - how does he not have a show that has worked for him individually.

2 Likes

Hamish and Lisa were alternating the 7pm news headlines tonight. Did they do this during the week?

The Sunday Project is back in Melbourne this weekend.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed that when I caught the 6:30pm ones, don’t think I’ve seen that before.

1 Like

Poor things. Working from 6am-7:30pm would awful.

3 Likes

Can you not bring up that I don’t see Lisa at breakfast anymore. It is still raw!!! :wink:

2 Likes

just like an open wound that someone keeps pulling the scab off, hey???

1 Like

The Sunday Project (7:00 PM) rated poorly. 347k gave it unlucky 13. The 6:30 split was not in the Top 20.
Significantly: No female “humorist” on the panel last night. Lisa the only woman. Wonder if she demanded that? Previously … it was hard for the $2 million dollar woman to “cut through”. Last night her “goodnight” was drowned out by the rowdy males. Not fair … as all three combined fail to match her salary.

:roll_eyes: Why would you even say something like that?

They obviously had international guest Henry Rollins as a panellist because he was visiting this week. He’s done it once before and he’s said he’s been to Australia 40 times. They have probably offered him a chance to be on the show whenever he’s back.

3 Likes

Because I thought it was pertinent. TEN could have dropped one of the men and made the panel more balanced. I’m not a feminist or a woman!

Why not let Lisa say “goodnight” after the boys have finished. After all: she is meant to be the star of the show.

Because Tommy is the comedian and Hamish is the news co-anchor. Der! Rachel isn’t on the show every Sunday anyway. The week before last, she did Sunday and Monday. It varies.

Who stopped Lisa from saying goodnight? I think you’re trying to find an issue where there isn’t one.

Thanks for that clarification. I still think Lisa is not as prominent as she should be … considering her gigantic salary. Perhaps it was a poor decision–by TEN–to include her in a show where she cannot dominate the screen?

Why does Lisa have to dominate a show? She was part of an ensemble in her last two jobs and was hired as part of an ensemble for this one. She was never hired to dominate The Project.

She hosts two shows per week and does interviews which are shown throughout the week. That puts her level with Carrie, Waleed and Hamish. As it should be.

1 Like

Guess I’m looking for a reason to justify Lisa’s gigantic salary that is three times the other presenters. Have you got one?

1 Like

Her move to Ten involves other roles including tendaily which was recently announced.

Don’t believe everything you see in the media regarding speculation about her salary. And

4 Likes

Ten offered her whatever it is she is earning, is she supposed to ask what everyone else is earning before she signs on?

Well … ostensibly Lisa left NINE due to the “salary inequality” issue. There now exists one at TEN with the Project. Lisa’s extra “loot” can only be justified if she adds “ratings bucks” to Ten’s bottom line. If she is capable of that: she should be given more screen-time than the lesser mortals who share the Project desk with her. If she’s worth $1.5 million “pa”, she should be given the opportunity to earn it. Unless TEN signed her just to spite NINE and perhaps SEVEN?