The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Please stop this. Reading these comments for the past few days is just too much.

His news specials on Prime are actually doing quite well.

[Looks at EPG in city-slicker]

1 Like

Actually its not factually incorrect, and what could be so wrong with Ray Martin being on a new current affairs showā€¦ If you look at other ā€œseniorā€ figures on TV, such as Studio 10ā€™s Ita Buttrose (age 76) and Denise Drysdale (age 69) or even Channel Nineā€™s cricket commentators Bill Lawry (age 81) and Ian Chappell (age 74), there is room for a person of Ray Martinā€™s age to do stories for a new current affairs show.

Others working into their 70s included Channel Nine newsreader, Brian Henderson, who retire in 2002 (age 71) but narrated a documentary for Foxtel in 2010 on the Granville rail disaster and Bert Newton who worked in television until age 74.

Even another concept, I think mentioned on the Channel Ten thread (or random mocks) could be something called On Assignment, which could be a series of specials - which could very well have included something similar to the special that Ray Martin did on Ice last year.

I can admit, yes Lisa is over 50 and could be entitled to senior discounts on her insurance, but you can have a person older than 58 on a TV show, just re-read my examples above. It couldnt hurt to have an occasional story from someone with his expertise. Its not longer a case of put those over 65 out to pasture

Can we take this away from The Project Thread?

Iā€™m not arguing that point, mate. You said they should have a ā€œseniorā€ journalist like 60 Minutes did. I pointed out that when that started out, the journalists were 34-36 so they werenā€™t senior.

Iā€™m not saying having a veteran journalist wonā€™t work. Iā€™m just saying they donā€™t necessarily have to have one.

Steve Price about going back into the Jungle this weekend:

Also another special report from Hamish Macdonald:

2 Likes

Great to see ex-Sky Newsā€™ Peter van Onselen on The Project tonight. Heā€™d be a perfect fit for Tenā€¦

1 Like
1 Like

He could have shaved for it. Does not look good in a beard.

1 Like

I thought Peter looked great with a beard.:wink:

11 Likes

I thought he looked like the defendent in a sexual pest court case.

Itā€™ll have to be another thing we disagree about. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sexual pest :thinking:
Sounds like you have been in courtrooms observing :worried:

1 Like

No, just read The Daily Telegraph.

Oh silly me thatā€™s highbrow reading :laughing:

When I say reading, I mean glancing at it, as I line the bottom of the budgie cage with it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I was hoping PVO would turn up on The Project now that heā€™s doing the media rounds, so I was happy to see him on there last night. He looks very attractive with the beard, and I had never really thought of him in that way before. He will be on Insiders this Sunday morning.

3 Likes

Peter Van Onselen made another appearance on the show tonight.

A Project special investigation on food delivery drivers tonight by Hamish MacDonald again, Iā€™m enjoying his increased editorial input in the show and slight format shift I guess you could say but the prolonged nature of the stories means there is little input from the rest of the panel while itā€™s on and next to no opportunity for discussion as theyā€™re always due to go to a break afterwards.

Interesting that Rachel introduced and voiced the entertainment stories tonight also.

6 Likes

Looks like heā€™s more than a freelance host. With his reports and contributions heā€™s seems much more regular. Good to add some more journalistic integrity to the program.

2 Likes