The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Have to agree. Used to dislike him but he works very well on the Project.

Ten needs to start fresh again, and there’s no better place to start than to grab some ex-TEN personalities and other high-profile personalities which have connections with Ten (think Chris Bath, Anjali Rao etc.). Apart from Sandra Sully, none of Ten’s news presenters strike me as being the ‘faces’ of the network.

4 Likes

Ten already tried that with McDonald but his ego got the better of him.

He’s good on The Project when paired with Chris Bath but he really lacks the ability to talk off the cuff as highlighted the other night when Gretel Killeen threw open a discussion and he just resorted to the autocue.

Matt Doran’s the one Ten should have enticed back.

2 Likes

According to this article, Lisa Wilkinson makes her co-hosting debut on Ten on 28th Jan on The Sunday Project.

PAYWALL: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/i-cant-wait-to-start-lisa-wilkinson-set-to-make-her-debut-on-the-project-next-weekend/news-story/4ce6677cc7275ab3514e730b6ebb9e04

6 Likes

Interesting, considering the show isn’t even scheduled to air next Sunday.

2 Likes

As posted by Lisa on Instagram:

7 Likes

The Project Welcomes Lisa Wilkinson.

From Sunday 28 January At 6.30pm

Network Ten is delighted to announce that Lisa Wilkinson’s hosting duties on The Sunday Project will commence on Sunday, 28 January at 6.30pm.

Lisa will co-host The Sunday Project alongside Hamish Macdonald, Tommy Little and Rachel Corbett.

In addition to The Sunday Project, Lisa joins Carrie Bickmore, Waleed Aly and Peter Helliar on The Project panel, with the multi award-winning news and current affairs program celebrating its 10th season this year.

Lisa Wilkinson said: “I can’t wait to start at The Project and join a team I’ve long admired. I’ve been blown away by the support I’ve received since I made the switch to Ten, both from everyone at the network and from so many viewers who seem to be as excited about this new chapter in my life as I am.

“Sundays are going to be particularly special and I’m so excited to be co-hosting The Sunday Project with Hamish Macdonald who brings so much experience, integrity and on-the-road journalistic smarts to the show.”

The Project Executive Producer Craig Campbell said: “It’s wonderful to welcome Lisa to The Project family. Everyone’s very excited about her joining the team – I’ve never seen Pete wear a clean shirt so many days in a row! We can’t wait to get started.”

Lisa has also been appointed Executive Editor of ten daily, Network Ten’s new standalone, mobile-optimised website that will be rich in short-form video content and offer premium and exclusive entertainment, lifestyle, opinion news and sport content. ten daily will launch later this year.

7 Likes

Unfortunately the arrival of Lisa means no more Chris Bath on Sunday Project. Hamish, Tommy, Rachel and Chris have great chemistry.

6 Likes

Sarah Martin (Federal Political Editor at The West Australian & Director at th National Press Club) on The Project desk for the first time tonight, good to see some variety in the guests hosts.

Nigella Lawson also making an appearance tonight, presumably in the country filming for Masterchef.

4 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned in here, but former 9 News journalist Laura Spurway has been working with The Project since Nov last year as a Field Producer for long form pieces & storytelling.

5 Likes

Margot Robbie live in the Sydney studios next Wednesday night

2 Likes

Carrie returns from holidays next week and I assume Waleed will be back as well.

3 Likes

Next Week On The Project.

Margot Robbie, Adam DeVine, Jane Kennedy And Mick Molloy.

Carrie Bickmore, Pete Helliar and Waleed Aly return to The Project desk refreshed and set for a mammoth 2018 – and there is a stellar line-up for their first week back.

Dynamic comedy duo Jane Kennedy and Mick Molloy are in-studio guests on Monday. The two have been reunited on the airwaves, taking over the drive slot on the Triple M network, and give a post-show debrief after their Monday afternoon national debut.

On Wednesday, The Project is in Sydney, with Golden Globe nominee Margot Robbie on the desk in her only live in-studio interview.

Margot has been winning rave reviews around the world for I, Tonya, the film she both stars in and produced. Margot gives her take on what it is like to go from girl next door to being one of Hollywood’s most sought-after actors, how it felt to beat Emma Stone at the SAG Awards, and also gives her reaction to the Academy Award nominations which will be announced that day.

On Thursday, US comedian and star of the Pitch Perfect movies, Adam DeVine, joins the desk ahead of his Aussie stand-up tour. DeVine is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after actors and comedians in the comedy world and his tour, Weird Life Tour, will travel to Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.

Plus Hamish Macdonald, Steve Price, Gretel Killeen, Ryan “Fitzy” Fitzgerald, Gorgi Coghlan, Fifi Box and Anthony “Lehmo” Lehmann join the panel across the week.

3 Likes

Quite a few negative comments on social media about Nigella’s appearance on The Project. MacDonald’s question re sexual innuendos didn’t go down well with Nigella and many viewers.

An interesting comment which sums up several hosts perfectly:

1 Like

I thought it was a fair question to her…if she doesn’t like it…dont say them on your show Nigella! She embarrassed herself the way she answered the question.

If she says she hates the question because she gets asked if a million times you’d think she would have had a better response to it by now.

4 Likes

just watched the interview can say i never have been a fan of nigella , to me she seems so prim and proper and everyone else is beneath her i dont think hamish said anything wrong it was a fair question to ask

except she had a secret cocaine addiction which probably kept her putting on weight from all the food she ate and is she converted to Muslim too?

Sounds like you’ve got a drug addiction mate.

ITs all been reported. Don’t act all prim and proper and be offended over stuff you know is what makes you stand out.

Or better still ask her more about what she’s in the country for ie promote your network shows. It was an ordinary interview all round which demonstrated a lack of research. Asking about the food on the 24hr flight? Simply click on her Instagram and you’d know she’d been in India for weeks.