The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

According to Hamish, tonight’s show is the final Sunday show for 2017.

:roll_eyes: honestly. How can a news program “finish up for the year”?

3 Likes

They may be reassessing whether it’s worthwhile continuing next year. Ratings have not exactly been setting the world on fire.

They should be doing what Rob did with Studio 10 and run it during Summer to build an audience.

7 Likes

Magdalena Roze featured on the show tonight talking lightning strikes and storm season, good to see her appearing on Ten talking all things weather though they could have easily have used Amanda Jason if she’s working this weekend who would’ve already been in the Sydney studios after presenting weeeknd weather.

7 Likes

But isn’t Lisa guaranteed the gig for next year? Unless they plan on doing a whole new show?

2 Likes

It was mentioned she would host the Sunday show, but is anything guaranteed in television?

CBS may well have a different plan for next year, guess we’ll have to wait and find out.

Hope she comes back to TV. One of the best and diverse meteorologist.

4 Likes

Hopefully Nine can poach her. I’d rather watch her than Mrs Get-a-jacket.

3 Likes

To be fair, it would be the most expensive night to produce. One, they have a very limited newsroom to get the news from and two, none of The Sunday Project panellists are employed by Ten, just on contracts.

1 Like

Well they just did.

Today and the former Good Morning Australia used to break over December-January.

2 Likes

Is it likely that Big Bash cricket will be on most nights for the rest of the year?

2 Likes

I don’t think Today has ever taken a break except for public holidays.

The Sunday panel has really clicked. They bounce off each other very well. With Lisa’s arrival unfortunately the team will be broken up. Ten need to sign up Bathie.

8 Likes

First Sunday BBL match is on New Years Eve, five weeks away.

I remember they stopped the show for a couple of weeks over Christmas and New Year during the late 1980s/early 1990s. They didn’t even replace it with a Nine produced morning news bulletin. They’d run something like the ITN World News and other filler programming.

3 Likes

Seems a bit silly not to try and build an audience over the summer.

1 Like

I can understand why they are stopping it over summer. It already gets a really small audience, it would only get worse over the next few weeks, plus would be taken off in a few weeks for the Big Bash anyway. I assume they will do a big campaign for Lisa joining in the new year.

1 Like

Audiences wont grow over the Christmas/New Year break…its a dead time for TV viewing weirdly. You would thought more people would be watching due to holidays.

The Morning Show and Today Extra both have re run shows over the break. The Project is a bigger production compared to a basic news bulletin…no wonder they need a break!

1 Like