The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Yes, I believe so. I lot of people are speculating this… Seven and Nine must be thinking how the hell we are going to hold our talent. CBS means business.

i think that if a daytime show was on offer similar format to The Midday Show that Lisa Wilkinson may be up for it

1 Like

I’ll just drop this in… but this sounds like a big mistake to me.

Lisa Wilkinson is “off-brand”, so to speak. She’s not very ‘Ten’. This reminds me a bit of the George Negus ‘experiment’ that went so horribly wrong. I may be wrong, but it seems like taking Ten perhaps in this direction is a mistake. I’m not sure people will ‘get’ it.

1 Like

But George Negus was trying to bring back hard-hitting current affairs to early evenings.

What Lisa did on Today is not that much different to what they do on The Project. Link stories, deliver news and conduct interviews. Same same but different.

2 Likes

I think she could be balanced enough to present the harder issues as well as the issues that requires a more delicate hand. I personally am not a fan of Lisa Wilkinson, but I say good luck to her with whatever she will do at Ten

Yeah, I get that. But she herself is not very ‘Ten’ in the way that people like Carrie, Dr Chris and even Waleed are.

Same would apply to people like Sarah Harris or Ita Buttrose but they are very “Ten” now.

2 Likes

Sarah Harris is very Ten. A new mum, cheeky and fun.

And Ita’s on a morning show where older mums make up most of the audience.

I agree with Kyle Sandilands.

And what does that have to do with Lisa not being ‘Ten’?

When Lisa first came on Today, I didn’t think she was very ‘Nine’ as she just came from Seven, but look at her now.

1 Like

How do u know what tens brand will be under cbs. She may well be the direction they are taking ten. They’ve signed off on it.

3 Likes

My point is they weren’t like that when they joined Ten but they are considered very much part of Ten now.

Sarah Harris was a serious news presenter on Nine. She got married and had a baby after she joined Studio 10. Ita had an illustrious career in various forms of journalism before joining. They were very different to your usual Ten personalities.

That’s nothing to brag about. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Like with most of the speculation regarding CBS & Ten, I think this view is an over exaggeration. Yes, Ten might and probably will be able to poach a few ‘big’ names from other networks because of the plans CBS has for the network. However, it’s not like we’re going to wake up one morning and find out they’ve raided both networks out of their ‘top’ talent

1 Like

What did he have to say on the matter?

1 Like

I have to agree. You will have some movement between the networks, but that doesn’t mean that a CBS owned Ten will take all the best talent. As an example, someone like Mark Ferguson would hardly move from Seven to Ten overnight, the money would need to be right and they would need to be building an audience. The television ratings give bargaining power to the networks that allow them to charge the rates they do to advertisers. The same goes for presenters, they do have the potential to ask for higher pay packets.

A Television station would not give a television personality a large pay packet unless they were certain they would get a return on their investment.

Also, just because a presenter changes channels, it doesn’t mean viewers will.

But you have to admit nine would not have seen ten paying Lisa this money to move networks. They would not have thought ten were in the game. With cbs there ten are now more competitive

Agreed, but then again, they probably thought that they are “Still The One” and that she wouldn’t have entertained an offer from other media outlets including Seven or News Corp

You’ve gone into this love affair with CBS quite deep and strong. :heart_eyes: I hope they don’t break your heart and you end up a scorned lover. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

CBS are hoping to duplicate their success here with Channel 10 and if they can make it happen, then the viewers will win out, otherwise, Ten will stay somewhere around where they are.

As Yazz and The Plastic Population sung in 1988, The Only Way Is Up

Which was around about the last time Ten were really successful. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Peter Ford claimed on 6PR this morning that Nine tore up Wilkinson’s contract yesterday and that she is free to work at Ten from today. He could be just guessing.